Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » NatTable » How to contribute my changes of nattable builder api formally by sending a review?(How to contribute my changes of nattable builder api formally by sending a review?)
How to contribute my changes of nattable builder api formally by sending a review? [message #1061140] Thu, 30 May 2013 08:18 Go to next message
SD Khan is currently offline SD KhanFriend
Hi,

I have added some minor changes in the following classes

org.eclipse.nebula.widgets.nattable.extension.builder.layers.BodyLayerStack this class is from nattable extension builder jar file

org.eclipse.nebula.widgets.nattable.extension.glazedlists.filterrow.DefaultGlazedListsFilterStrategy this class is from nattable extensions glazedlist jar file.

The changes solves the issue of enable filter row option which is given in TableModel class of nattable builder api.

Now, i want's to contribute those changes formally, how and where i should send it for review ?

Regards,
Safdar Khan
Re: How to contribute my changes of nattable builder api formally by sending a review? [message #1061254 is a reply to message #1061140] Thu, 30 May 2013 19:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dirk Fauth is currently offline Dirk FauthFriend
Hi,

to contribute you have to create a ticket in bugzilla and attach a patch file that we can use to add your code into the codebase.

You also have to do some formal stuff to allow us to add and release your code under the EPL http://wiki.eclipse.org/Development_Resources/Contribution_Questionnaire

Great that you want to take care of the builder stuff yourself and contribute back!

Greez,
Dirk
Re: How to contribute my changes of nattable builder api formally by sending a review? [message #1061305 is a reply to message #1061254] Fri, 31 May 2013 06:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Okay thanks !, however i have done the following steps

*I have created my account on https://github.com
*Got the clone copy of the nattable project.
*Made my changes locally and commit that to my clone repository at github acoount.
*I have generated a pull request from my branch into master branch with detail description of changes.

Now, it has been more than 14 hours but no one has replied yet, will it will work ? or i really need to create a bug and should attach a patch file with it as you directed.

Thanks,
Safdar Khan
Re: How to contribute my changes of nattable builder api formally by sending a review? [message #1061437 is a reply to message #1061305] Fri, 31 May 2013 15:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dirk Fauth is currently offline Dirk FauthFriend
Hi Safdar,

Sorry but we are not sitting in front of the forum waiting to answer any questions. We all have a full time job and are working on NatTable in our spare time. 14 hours with no reply even can happen because of different time zones.

We are not working with pull requests from GitHub. You need to create a ticket and attach a patch with your commit. This way the IP process is able to ensure that everything is correct.

Greez,
Dirk
Re: How to contribute my changes of nattable builder api formally by sending a review? [message #1061583 is a reply to message #1061437] Mon, 03 June 2013 06:56 Go to previous message
Okay thanks!,
sorry to disturb , yup you are right and i can understand , next time i will take care.

Regards,
Safdar Khan
Previous Topic:NatTable 1.0.0 released
Next Topic:Hex cell editor
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 14:36:25 GMT 2024