Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » Update site Rayo/JDBC/Docx4j not available?
Update site Rayo/JDBC/Docx4j not available? [message #1061118] Thu, 30 May 2013 06:59 Go to next message
Nils Israel is currently offline Nils IsraelFriend
Hi,
I can't install rayo, jdbc and docx4j bundles on a fresh eclipse installation and my maven build with scout 3.9 fails.
I get the following error message when I hit "Reload" button on the "Available Software Sites" dialog:
Unable to read repository at http://tools.bsiag.com/marketplace/rayo/3.9/content.xml.
Unable to read repository at http://tools.bsiag.com/marketplace/rayo/3.9/content.xml.
org.apache.http.client.ClientProtocolException

Maven quits with this error:
[INFO] Adding repository http://tools.bsiag.com/marketplace/rayo/
[ERROR] Internal error: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.RuntimeException: org.eclipse.equinox.p2.core.ProvisionException: Unable to read repository at http://tools.bsiag.com/marketplace/rayo/content.xml. Unable to parse HTTP-Version from the status line: 'HTTP/' -> [Help 1]

Is there a problem with the marketplace update sites or am I using the wrong URLs

Regards
Nils
Re: Update site Rayo/JDBC/Docx4j not available? [message #1061131 is a reply to message #1061118] Thu, 30 May 2013 07:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jeremie Bresson is currently offline Jeremie BressonFriend
Can you retry it now? We had some trouble yesterday with our infrastructure.

I have tried it myself ("Reload" in the "Available Software Sites" dialog), it seems to work.
Are you behind a proxy or something?

Can you open this XML File in a browser?
Re: Update site Rayo/JDBC/Docx4j not available? [message #1061154 is a reply to message #1061131] Thu, 30 May 2013 09:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nils Israel is currently offline Nils IsraelFriend
Hi Jeremie,
thanks for your response. Yes, I can access the specified XML-File.
But the reload does not work.

But thanks again for your hint: I am behind a proxy. Since the https-URLs were working I switched it off and now I can access the repositories. Smile

Now I guess I have to figure out what exactly went wrong with our squid.

Regards
Nils
Re: Update site Rayo/JDBC/Docx4j not available? [message #1065048 is a reply to message #1061154] Mon, 24 June 2013 06:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Aqua Macboy is currently offline Aqua MacboyFriend
Since a few days, I am not able to access the JDBC/rayo repository.

http://tools.bsiag.com/marketplace/rayo/3.9/compositeContent.xml

I am right now not behind a proxy, is this server still online?
Re: Update site Rayo/JDBC/Docx4j not available? [message #1065072 is a reply to message #1065048] Mon, 24 June 2013 08:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ken Lee is currently offline Ken LeeFriend
Aqua Macboy wrote on Mon, 24 June 2013 02:22
Since a few days, I am not able to access the JDBC/rayo repository.

http://tools.bsiag.com/marketplace/rayo/3.9/compositeContent.xml

I am right now not behind a proxy, is this server still online?

There was a problem with our Marketplace server. We rebooted the webserver today and the Marketplace products should now be available again. Could you please try again?

Re: Update site Rayo/JDBC/Docx4j not available? [message #1115229 is a reply to message #1061118] Mon, 23 September 2013 21:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
katie evans is currently offline katie evansFriend
Hello,

is there again a problem with the Webserver again? I tried with one PC with Indigo and another PC with Keppler to install the JDBC drivers.

I always get the attached message. (The following solutions are not available: JDBC Drivers for Eclipse Scout)

Thanks for your answer in advance.
Silvan
  • Attachment: err.png
    (Size: 10.90KB, Downloaded 177 times)
  • Attachment: err2.png
    (Size: 18.10KB, Downloaded 206 times)

[Updated on: Tue, 24 September 2013 06:38]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Update site Rayo/JDBC/Docx4j not available? [message #1115486 is a reply to message #1115229] Tue, 24 September 2013 07:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Can you connect to the URL mentioned by Aqua Macboy in a normal Browser? Do you see the content of compositeContent.xml ?

From your Screenshot I guess you are using Linux. Can you tell more about your configuration (Operating System, Precise Eclipse Version, ...) ?
Re: Update site Rayo/JDBC/Docx4j not available? [message #1115534 is a reply to message #1115486] Tue, 24 September 2013 08:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Additionally to Jérémie's questions: Are you using the Scout SDK checkbox to install the JDBC drivers for Scout or do you enter the URL to the Marketplace update site manually (in Eclipse -> Help -> Install New Software...)?
Re: Update site Rayo/JDBC/Docx4j not available? [message #1115589 is a reply to message #1115534] Tue, 24 September 2013 09:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello,

yes I can connect to compositeContent.xml in a normal browser.
My Notebook is Debian Squeeze with Indigo. My PC has a quite fresh reinstallation of Debian Wheezy with a download of "Eclipse Kepler for Scout developers" Build id: 20130614-0229.
Everything worked on my PC before the Reinstallation quite a while ago, it was quite straightforward. I don't know why I have these problems by this time...

I checked the MySql box in the SDK (attached pic). But as i could not connect to my MySQL database - i even made a new hello world project with an "SELECT 'hello' INTO ..." statement and also failed. So I thought i need to install the jdbc drivers, so i tried it with the marketplace (second pic) - there i got the errors.

Or is everything Ok, as long as I check the "Mysql" checkbox as in the first pic?

Regards Silvan

PS: what is the driver name i have to connect to? Is oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver ok?

[Updated on: Tue, 24 September 2013 09:58]

Re: Update site Rayo/JDBC/Docx4j not available? [message #1115800 is a reply to message #1115589] Tue, 24 September 2013 15:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Silvan Zuppiger wrote on Tue, 24 September 2013 05:54
So I thought i need to install the jdbc drivers, so i tried it with the marketplace (second pic) - there i got the errors.

What happens if you click on "Help" -> "Install New Software..." on your Eclipse IDE and enter the URL: https://tools.bsiag.com/marketplace/jdbc/3.9 as shown in the picture?
index.php/fa/16283/0/

Are you able to see the MySQL, PostgreSQL and Oracle features?

Quote:

Or is everything Ok, as long as I check the "Mysql" checkbox as in the first pic?

If you press "Ctrl+Shift+T" in your Eclipse IDE and enter "AbstractMySqlSqlService", can you see an entry? If so, the MySQL driver was successfully installed. Otherwise could you please post your error log (if there's any) after clicking on the MySQL checkbox?

Quote:

PS: what is the driver name i have to connect to? Is oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver ok?

The OracleDriver is the "default" implementation in AbstractSqlService. However, AbstractMySqlSqlService overrides the driver name. Jérémie will post a picture soon.

Re: Update site Rayo/JDBC/Docx4j not available? [message #1115808 is a reply to message #1115800] Tue, 24 September 2013 15:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

When you have the MySQL support successfully installed in you application:

index.php/fa/16284/0/

When you create a new SQL Service, you will be able to pick AbstractMySqlSqlService as Super class:

index.php/fa/16285/0/

This will set the JdbcDriverName to com.mysql.jdbc.Driver.

[Updated on: Tue, 24 September 2013 16:08]

Re: Update site Rayo/JDBC/Docx4j not available? [message #1116263 is a reply to message #1115800] Wed, 25 September 2013 07:05 Go to previous message
I first checked the Installation - and everything was fine. But then I read the following sentence again:

Quote:

The OracleDriver is the "default" implementation in AbstractSqlService. However, AbstractMySqlSqlService overrides the driver name.

This was the magic sentence that brought me on the right road. I used the wrong SqlService. Now everything is fine. Thank you very very much - you helped me a lot - I almost spent two days on this stupid error...
Previous Topic:servletbridge.jar 1.2.300.qualifier
Next Topic:Problem deploying to live tomcat
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 15:20:36 GMT 2024