Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Does BIRT support cascade folders for design files(It seems that it support only one level folder using BIRT_VIEWER_WORKING_FOLDER)
Does BIRT support cascade folders for design files [message #1061076] Wed, 29 May 2013 19:58 Go to next message
Howard Yeung is currently offline Howard YeungFriend
I am using the latest BIRT release 4.2.1. I have bunch of reports and so logically I would like the design file to be stored in cascaded folders.

However it seems that I have to store the reports in the folder specified by BIRT_VIEWER_WORKING_FOLDER (in web.xml file) but not in any of the sub-folders. Otherwise I will get a "org.eclipse.birt.report.exception.ViewerException: There is no report design object available." exception.

Actually the setup works fine in a local machine. But it fails on the server (WebSphere Portal 7). May be there are other things I have to update in the web.xml file. But I just need to have a clue here.

Thanks in advance.
Re: Does BIRT support cascade folders for design files [message #1061264 is a reply to message #1061076] Thu, 30 May 2013 20:59 Go to previous message
Kristopher Clark is currently offline Kristopher ClarkFriend
I don't have WebSphere setup to test on but I was able to use subfolders after making this change

<context-param>
		<param-name>BIRT_VIEWER_WORKING_FOLDER</param-name>
		<param-value>D:\reports</param-value>
	</context-param>

And was able to access it from the webviewer using http://localhost:8080/birt/frameset?__report=subfolder/test.rptdesign&sample=my+parameter

Can you post the change you made to web.xml?
Previous Topic:small-caps and pdf-/word-emitter
Next Topic:is necessary to call Platform.startup(); in Eclipse e4 RCP app?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 23:00:58 GMT 2024