Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » Defining an external tool for my plug-in
Defining an external tool for my plug-in [message #1060929] Wed, 29 May 2013 08:16 Go to next message
Marco Naddeo is currently offline Marco NaddeoFriend
Hi all. Smile

I tried to create, as user from my plug-in, a new external tool configuration to simply execute a .bat wich launches an external compiler of the language for which I implemented an IDE using Xtext. I did so by selecting External Tools -> External Tools Configurations... -> New Program, and then by filling the information about location of the .bat, working directory and arguments.

Now, I'm trying to define this external tool which execute my .bat directly in my plug-in, by using the Eclipse launching API, but I have some problems...

I've declared a launch configuration type in my non-UI (domain) project, and I've imported org.eclipse.debug.core and org.eclipse.debug.ui, and created a delegate class which extends org.eclipse.debug.core.ILaunchConfigurationDelegate. But when I launch my plug-in, I don't see my external tool under External Tools.

Where I'm wrong? Is there some simple example about implementing an external tool that simply launches a .bat, using Eclipse launching API?

Thanks in advance,
Marco
Re: Defining an external tool for my plug-in [message #1263248 is a reply to message #1060929] Tue, 04 March 2014 10:08 Go to previous message
Robin Bussenot is currently offline Robin BussenotFriend
hello,
I have to do exactly the same kind of external builder in my plugin.
Can I have some code example doing this ? Or there is documentation to dev external builder ?
Previous Topic:Recommended Use of Target Platform Definition File
Next Topic:hide menu item contribution doesn't work depending on the rational tools installed
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 01:26:44 GMT 2024