Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » GMF (Graphical Modeling Framework) » Error in .gmfmap model (in mapping model)(empty map domain model elements)
Error in .gmfmap model (in mapping model) [message #1060894] Wed, 29 May 2013 00:20 Go to next message
sanjana rai is currently offline sanjana raiFriend
Hi,

I am new to GMF. I have followed the GMF tutorial to create a mapping model in GMF dashboard using combine button.When creating a GMFmap model, I can see only package option in the wizard, but not class oprtion to select domain element for canvas mapping (see below figure for reference).

index.php/fa/15075/0/

Another issue is, I can not see the nodes and links while creating map model in the wizard (see fig2 capture for reference).

index.php/fa/15076/0/.

please anyone can help me to solve this issues.

Thanks in advance.

Regrads,
Sanjana
  • Attachment: Capture1.PNG
    (Size: 102.91KB, Downloaded 793 times)
  • Attachment: Capture.PNG
    (Size: 86.30KB, Downloaded 756 times)
Re: Error in .gmfmap model (in mapping model) [message #1061353 is a reply to message #1060894] Fri, 31 May 2013 10:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ralph Gerbig is currently offline Ralph GerbigFriend
Hi,

it looks like something with your ECore model is wrong. Did you validate your Ecore model? Did you try out if the from EMF generated Editor works as expected? Are all you containments set correctly?

Ralph
Re: Error in .gmfmap model (in mapping model) [message #1061404 is a reply to message #1060894] Fri, 31 May 2013 13:27 Go to previous message
Miklós Földényi is currently offline Miklós FöldényiFriend
Hi!

I ran into the exact same problem today while going through this tutorial: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/library/os-ecl-gmf/

My issue was that I had errors in my .gmfgraph definition, which I only realized after going through it line by line, side by side with the working example, downloadable from the above tutorial page. (bottom of the page)

I strongly suggest that you re-check your models looking at this working example.

I had the following inconsistencies in .gmfgraph: (maybe these are the very errors you have)
-I did not wrap my "Figure"-s within a "Figure Description".
An example hierarchy would be:
Canvas/FigureGallery/FigureDescriptor/Ellipse
Whereas my faulty original was:
Canvas/FigureGallery/Ellipse
-I did not set the "figure" reference of the "Node"-s. This was because you can only reference "FigureDescriptor" objects here, not the "Figure"-s (like "Ellipse") themselves, so omitting those will make you leave these empty as well.

I hope I could help!

Mike
Previous Topic:GMF generate diagram code through ant scripts from gmfgen
Next Topic:Where are NLS messages defined?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 07:22:46 GMT 2024