Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » M2T (model-to-text transformation) » [Acceleo] Problems during code re-generation
[Acceleo] Problems during code re-generation [message #1060882] Tue, 28 May 2013 20:03 Go to next message
Stefan Häusler is currently offline Stefan HäuslerFriend
Hello,

i have written an EMF based code generator using Acceleo. The general workflow looks as follows:

- A couple of java classes are generated
- A couple of Eclipse Plugin project files are generated
- everything is put together in a specific folder structure, rdy to import into the Eclipse Workspace
- Import and code formatting is done by some Java service

Everything works fine, files do appear within the src-gen folder as well as the projects within my workspace.

When i now change something in my code templates, and i regenerate the code, often it happens that the change do not appear in the generated code files. Sometimes i need to start the generation two or three times and then finally the code changes. Sometimes it even apears that one class of the same type does contain the change, another does not.

I also have the feeling it fails more often, if i just change something regarding Javadoc in the template. So pretty strange behaviour and i am unable to determine the reason for it.

This also happens, if a deactivate the project import into the workspace. So even the src-gen folder sometimes did not reflect the changes i made in the templates.

Any hints for a direction, i should look at?

Thanks in advance,
Stefan
Re: [Acceleo] Problems during code re-generation [message #1062639 is a reply to message #1060882] Mon, 10 June 2013 08:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stephane Begaudeau is currently offline Stephane BegaudeauFriend

Hi,

Do you have any "@generated" tags in your javadoc?

Regards,

Stephane Begaudeau, Obeo

--
Twitter: @sbegaudeau
Google+: +stephane.begaudeau
Blog: http://stephanebegaudeau.tumblr.com | Eclipse Java Development Tools Tips and Tricks
Re: [Acceleo] Problems during code re-generation [message #1062719 is a reply to message #1062639] Mon, 10 June 2013 13:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello,

thanks for your answer. Yes i use the generate tag frequently.

Best regards,
Stefan
Re: [Acceleo] Problems during code re-generation [message #1064904 is a reply to message #1060882] Fri, 21 June 2013 15:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello,

may i ask one additional question?

Does your question intends to say that i should use the @generated tag constantly throughout my javadoc. Or does it say that there is some problem using the @generated tag?

best regards,
Stefan
Re: [Acceleo] Problems during code re-generation [message #1065536 is a reply to message #1064904] Wed, 26 June 2013 12:08 Go to previous message
Stephane Begaudeau is currently offline Stephane BegaudeauFriend

Hi,

If you are using lots of @generated, you may have made a small mistake with one of those and have a @generated NOT (or something like that) written that would keep the content when the new generation runs.

Regards,

Stephane Begaudeau, Obeo

--
Twitter: @sbegaudeau
Google+: +stephane.begaudeau
Blog: http://stephanebegaudeau.tumblr.com | Eclipse Java Development Tools Tips and Tricks
Previous Topic:AggregationKind
Next Topic:[Acceleo] Problem when generating methods with the same name
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 06:14:47 GMT 2024