Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Orion (Archived) » Making executable jar file from all orion bundles(Making executable jar file from all orion bundles)
Making executable jar file from all orion bundles [message #1060748] Tue, 28 May 2013 10:52 Go to next message
Tsahar Sobe is currently offline Tsahar SobeFriend
Hi,
I have downloaded the orion project source files (client and server) to my computer and have started working on it.
I have added some server and client files under new projects that I have created.
I want to take all the orion bundles (client and server) with my new files and make them executable jar file.
How can I do it?

How can I do one jar files from all bundles?
As I understand there should be a manifest file that points to the main function, where is this main?!

Any help would be helpful.

Thanks,
Tsahar

Re: Making executable jar file from all orion bundles [message #1060888 is a reply to message #1060748] Tue, 28 May 2013 21:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rafael Chaves is currently offline Rafael ChavesFriend
The Orion server implementation is currently implemented as an Eclipse application. As such, as far as I know, you can't do that.

See this old thread, which I believe is still valid.
Re: Making executable jar file from all orion bundles [message #1060916 is a reply to message #1060888] Wed, 29 May 2013 07:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tsahar Sobe is currently offline Tsahar SobeFriend
Hi,
There should be a way of packaging all the bundles into some exe file.
It seems that the process for doing it with OSGI is not via jar files but via product.
I still don't understand how to do it, any idea?

Thanks,
Tsahar
Re: Making executable jar file from all orion bundles [message #1061058 is a reply to message #1060916] Wed, 29 May 2013 17:11 Go to previous message
Rafael Chaves is currently offline Rafael ChavesFriend
Not sure this is what you are talking about, but when you build a product, there is a native launcher that can be used to start your Eclipse based application. But it is the same as eclipse.exe, just renamed for branding reasons, and all it does is simplify the startup scenario a bit and show a splashscreen while the JVM and the application is started. You still have the same layout as the Eclipse IDE itself has (with each plugin in its own JAR, and a configuration directory) and still depend on a JRE to be installed in the machine for the application to start successfully.
Previous Topic:unpacking the eclipse-orion-XXX-macosx.cocoa.x86_64.zip file
Next Topic:Unable to find feature "org.eclipse.orion.base.feature" with version in range
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 19:49:28 GMT 2024