Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Extending Jubula for RCP (version 2.0)(Migration of fragment from 1.1 to 2.0 not successful)
icon8.gif  Extending Jubula for RCP (version 2.0) [message #1060630] Mon, 27 May 2013 11:59 Go to next message
Michi Classen is currently offline Michi ClassenFriend
I developed an extension for jubula to verify and click on tabs in tabbed property pages. Everything works fine for jubula version 1.1. Now I migrated the implemented classes according to your extending guide.

The toolkit extension is working but the remote control extension can't find the mapping component. Why? The RCP Aut doesn't load the fragment.

I have no more idea - please help! Attached you will find my fragment.

UPDATE: For testing purposes I have integrated your example extension for 'groups'. For this fragment I have the same problem.

The config.ini file contains both fragments as follows:
slf4j.api,\
org.eclipse.jubula.rc.rcp@4:start,\
com.bmw.jubula.extension.rcp.rc,\
org.eclipse.jubula.examples.extension.rcp.rc

[Updated on: Mon, 27 May 2013 14:14]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Extending Jubula for RCP (version 2.0) [message #1060824 is a reply to message #1060630] Tue, 28 May 2013 14:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi Michi,

As a non-developer, I can offer some pointers that some other people have come across:

- There was a dev-list thread containing some information about signing.
- That resulted in this bug which dealt with a problem starting fragments

I also had a developer take a quick look, and the first point they noticed was that you should change the ID of the used "Fragment-Host" from:

org.eclipse.jubula.rc.rcp

to
org.eclipse.jubula.rc.rcp.swt

Maybe one of these paths will point you in the right direction. If not, I can offer you two options: post the problem to the jubula developers list (where the developers also look) or contact us to get paid support. The second option has the advantage that a developer will look at the problem instantly and be able to spend the time analysing it / providing more individual assistance.

If one of the above points does help, then it would be great if you could post which one.

HTH,
Alex
Re: Extending Jubula for RCP (version 2.0) [message #1061020 is a reply to message #1060824] Wed, 29 May 2013 14:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Alex,

I have done some rework on my extension project.

At first I changed the hosted id to org.eclipse.jubula.rc.rcp.swt. Thanks for your hint.

Second I deleted all plug-ins under the lib folder of my project and removed them from the classpath.

Third I removed all required plug-ins except the *.properties.tabbed plug-in, for which the extension is developed.

And the result is excellent: My extension fragment is resolved and can be used!!!!

But the tests run into a configuration error?! The migration is not finished yet Sad

Cheers,
Michi
Re: Extending Jubula for RCP (version 2.0) [message #1061122 is a reply to message #1061020] Thu, 30 May 2013 07:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Michi,

Thanks for posting your steps and your progress. Can you say where the tests are running into the error (on what type of action)? The first thing that comes to mind is that you've not done all the steps (import/export *all* projects (including the unbound modules)) from the migration information.

Keep us posted,
Alex
Re: Extending Jubula for RCP (version 2.0) [message #1061618 is a reply to message #1061122] Mon, 03 June 2013 10:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
For migration I used the command "Export All...", which exports all my test cases and the unbound modules (concrete, rcp, swt) in version 5.2. I imported the resulting xml files into the new jubula scheme by running the "Import" command. Afterwards I changed the unbound modules by the new version 7.0 on dialog "Properties" -> "Used Projects". Except for my test case, which uses the extension for tabbed properties, all other tests are running without errors.
Re: Extending Jubula for RCP (version 2.0) [message #1061864 is a reply to message #1061618] Tue, 04 June 2013 12:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Thanks for the update. Glad to hear that everything else is running smoothly. Have you got any logs for the error when you click (I assume you're clicking) the tabbed properties?

Best regards,
Alex
Re: Extending Jubula for RCP (version 2.0) [message #1061982 is a reply to message #1061864] Wed, 05 June 2013 08:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Client logs a connection error when running the test:

2013-06-05 10:50:37.004 [Connection.ReaderThread:Socket[addr=/10.253.81.125,port=60075,localport=60074]] ERROR o.e.j.c.connection.Connection - send failed
java.net.SocketException: Connection reset by peer: socket write error
Re: Extending Jubula for RCP (version 2.0) [message #1061987 is a reply to message #1061982] Wed, 05 June 2013 09:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Sorry, I wasn't specific enough - the autagent log and the rc_* logs will be the most useful here. They're in your home directory under .jubula.

Best regards,
Alex
Re: Extending Jubula for RCP (version 2.0) [message #1062005 is a reply to message #1061987] Wed, 05 June 2013 11:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Alex,

this error message is a snapshot of the client log file under my home directory. The rc_rcp log is empty. Maybe the test result report will give an overview of the failed test step.

Cheers,
Michi
Re: Extending Jubula for RCP (version 2.0) [message #1062304 is a reply to message #1062005] Fri, 07 June 2013 06:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

No, that doesn't help any further. It sounds like something in the extension (mechanism) still isn't right - could you perhaps post to the dev-list?

Best regards,
Alex
Re: Extending Jubula for RCP (version 2.0) [message #1065329 is a reply to message #1062304] Tue, 25 June 2013 10:56 Go to previous message
Cross-link: the question was answered on the dev list. Thanks Michi for posting the solution there too.
http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/jubula-dev/msg00299.html
Previous Topic:Can't start AUT agent
Next Topic:Access Database and retrieve value
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 22:10:58 GMT 2024