Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Eclipse, Annotation "@Asynchronous"(Problem with the annotations)
Eclipse, Annotation "@Asynchronous" [message #1060429] Fri, 24 May 2013 15:24 Go to next message
Marius Sørenes is currently offline Marius SørenesFriend
Hi!

I am new to eclipse and i am programming a app in java, where i will be using some async methods, so i searched the web/google for async demos and i found a few snippets, but they all require a annotation. @Asynchrounous is the one, but when i try to assign it to a void it show me that it cannot be detected.

I really could use some held if any of you is kind enough to help Wink i uploaded a image to show the problem.

Best regards

Marius
Re: Eclipse, Annotation "@Asynchronous" [message #1060434 is a reply to message #1060429] Fri, 24 May 2013 15:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

Not knowing what that is, Google seems to point to it being an EJB annotation. Is there a server your project should be targeting, or a jar that should be on its Java Build Path that is not?

Either way, it looks like more of a general EJB programming question than something specific to Eclipse. You might find more help for EJB programming and using the related annotations from http://www.theserverside.com or the JavaDoc for the annotation itself at http://docs.oracle.com/javaee/6/api/javax/ejb/Asynchronous.html .

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Re: Eclipse, Annotation "@Asynchronous" [message #1069516 is a reply to message #1060434] Tue, 16 July 2013 03:16 Go to previous message
Marius Sørenes is currently offline Marius SørenesFriend
Hi

Thanks for the reply, in the snippets and the toturials about async methods in java they show that you normally put the annotation above the method like this
@Asynchrounous
Public void async_method(){}

and its being automatically detected, but i'll look further into it in the java documentation over at oracle Smile

Thanks again for the reply

Best regards
Marius
Previous Topic:Unable to install on windows 7 64 bit machine
Next Topic:Identify create or delete file, using IResourceDelta object
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 09:32:49 GMT 2024