Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » IJavaProject without Eclipse Environment
IJavaProject without Eclipse Environment [message #1059999] Wed, 22 May 2013 13:50
Burak Emre Kabakcı is currently offline Burak Emre KabakcıFriend
I have an exported Eclipse Java Project in my server and I want to be able to compile the project and use proposals programmatically with JDT.

I'm able to compile the project using BatchCompiler, however it runs on console and gives me PrintWriters instead of an array of problems and errors. Also I want to be able to use proposals in Eclipse and BatchCompiler didn't built for this purpose.

Therefore I tried to use ASTParser, it can be used with either char[] or ICompilationUnit. CompletionProposalCollector and org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.Compiler.Compiler needs ICompilationUnit so I have to create an ICompilationUnit which only can be created by an IJavaProject (dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10773282/2012/eclipse_workspace.pdf) in order to be able to use these features.

It seems the only way to create IJavaProject is to use ResourcesPlugin.getWorkspace(), however it returns java.lang.IllegalStateException: Workspace is closed. on my computer and it seems the reason is that the program that I coded is not an Eclipse plug-in.

Is there any way to create IJavaProject without Eclipse environment?
Previous Topic:Error when searching an array from another class' method...
Next Topic:no class found
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 11:32:09 GMT 2024