Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » How to reuse the Eclipse 4 IDE Perspective Features in an RCP Application
How to reuse the Eclipse 4 IDE Perspective Features in an RCP Application [message #1059953] Wed, 22 May 2013 10:39 Go to next message
Marc Goldmann is currently offline Marc GoldmannFriend
Hi,

I posted this topic two weeks ago at stackoverflow without any response. Does anybody in this forum know an answer?

Is there an easy way to reuse the complete Perspective implementation from the Eclipse Juno 4.2 IDE ("Open Perspective", Customize Perspective, "Save Perspective As ...", "Reset Perspective...", "Close Perspective...", ... ) in an e4 RCP application (if possible without using the Eclipse 3 compatibility layer)?

I managed to switch perspectives using the "EPartService" but I did not find a way to reset perspectives to its initial state or to save perspectives using customer defined names.

Maybe it is necessary to use the Eclipse 3 compatibility layer (as the Eclipse 4.x IDE does) since the required functionality is not yet implemented in E4?

Thanks for your help and Best Regards
Marc
Re: How to reuse the Eclipse 4 IDE Perspective Features in an RCP Application [message #1059961 is a reply to message #1059953] Wed, 22 May 2013 11:21 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
Yes the perspective actions go through the compat layer. You can see how Eclipse does it here http://git.eclipse.org/c/platform/eclipse.platform.ui.git/tree/bundles/org.eclipse.ui.workbench/Eclipse%20UI/org/eclipse/ui/internal/WorkbenchPage.java#n3231 If you are using a plain e4 RCP application there are a lot of extra stuff in there for which you need not care about. Also it shows you some EModelService methods (like resetPerspectiveModel) which help.
Previous Topic:"Install new software" window not showing properly in Debian 7
Next Topic:e4 custom renderer not working
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 20:27:18 GMT 2024