Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Design View(Wow this is really shitty)
Design View [message #1059851] Tue, 21 May 2013 22:43 Go to next message
A feeds is currently offline A feedsFriend
Sorry to say, this post is written out of pure FRUSTRATION.

With the risk of being called a complete noob and what the [f---] not after stating that I've been developing everything from assembly applications to windows .NET framework applications in Visual Studio I'll still point out this fact that I would consider myself well known in the area of development applications (both text-editors and IDE's)..

I'm so frustrated my sentences makes no sense, anyway..
Eclipse.. what the flying [f---] is this made of? Finding a simple fuction such as "Design View" is near impossible unless you find it the first time..

I accidently closed the design view with Ctrl+W and now i have no way of getting it back..
Tried to develop my "first" android app again after a few years of other projects being in the way and my god i'm already sick and [f------] tired of it because of a bulky clonky and litterly unusable development environment..

Don't get me wrong, google has REALLY stepped up their game in the department of debugging functionality, compability and seamless testing/emulation scenarios..
But aaargh i'm so [f------] frustrated that i even had to make a account here and rant about it..

1: Make your GUI intuitive
2: When looking for something, it should be at the fingertip of the user, or in a LOGICAL place.

For instance, rightclicking on my main function/window called "MainActivity" in this case should give me the option to enter design view...
Or the verry least, this option should be under "Window" -> "Design View".. but hey, douchebag move.. it's not..

And no.. "open with -> Android Layout Editor" doesn't work..
Or i'm on the wrong file trying to do it.

Anyway, did what any logical daft windows lazy mofo developer would do and that is to close my project, open a new project with a new name and voila.. there it is.. my [s-----] designeditor that i couldn't open in any other way.

Fix it, and no i'm not talking about teaching me how to do it..
I'm telling you to place this in a logical [f------] place such as the TOOLBAR or under "Window -> Show view" perhaps..

The internet is a dark [f------] place filled with scary developers, eclipse being one of those dark projects NO one likes unless you've spent your entire childhood in it knowing nothing else or if you've been forced in to it and forgotten how [f------] lovely a plain old [f------] texteditor is (nano, vi, emacs, notepad++, sublime text 2 or just plain old notepad)...

This will probably be my last and only post so i thought i'd get as much rant in here as possible so you understand the level of ANNOYING frustration this is causing not only for me but for anyone who ever wants to get into this hurdle called eclipse..

[Updated on: Thu, 23 May 2013 15:48] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: Design View [message #1059995 is a reply to message #1059851] Wed, 22 May 2013 13:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Russell Bateman is currently offline Russell BatemanFriend

First, if you'd read the sticky posts at the top of the forum, you'd
know that Android was built atop Eclipse, not the other way around, and
therefore Eclipse has nothing to do with Android. Find an Android forum.

Second, good forum etiquette anywhere would suggest that you couch
questions as if you were an intelligent, educated person rather than
injecting offensive and profane language one might expect from a
construction, dock worker or sailor.
Re: Design View [message #1060123 is a reply to message #1059995] Thu, 23 May 2013 08:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

I'm sure Russell didn't mean to unfairly disparage any construction, dock worker, or sailors out there.

Recently opened files are shown in the File menu, by the way. The Navigate menu may have also offered to take you Back right after you closed the editor.

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Re: Design View [message #1060228 is a reply to message #1060123] Thu, 23 May 2013 15:48 Go to previous message
Denis Roy is currently offline Denis RoyFriend

I've cleaned up all the [f------] garbage in the post Very Happy

Denis Roy
Eclipse Webmaster -- webmaster@eclipse.org
Previous Topic:Eclipse resources
Next Topic:Is the XSL 'document' function implemented/supported?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 15:46:19 GMT 2024