Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Remote Application Platform (RAP) » Assembling RAP 1.5 application with Maven
Assembling RAP 1.5 application with Maven [message #1059671] Tue, 21 May 2013 07:35
Cristian Ionitoiu is currently offline Cristian IonitoiuFriend
Hello,

I'm working on a RAP 1.5 application using Eclipse 4.2 that can be assembled into a war file either via Ant or via Maven. The application uses the Google visualization bundles org.eclipse.rap.rwt.excanvas and org.eclipse.rap.rwt.visualization.google.
When the application is assembled to a war file all bundle dependencies have the same version with the exception of the above two bundles.

If the application is built via Ant, both bundles are fetched with the version 1.5.0.201305171114, as the following jars are placed into the plugins directory:
org.eclipse.rap.rwt.visualization.google_1.5.0.201305171114.jar and org.eclipse.rap.rwt.excanvas_1.5.0.201305171114.jar.

If the application is built via Maven, the fetched bundles have different versions: org.eclipse.rap.rwt.excanvas-1.5.0.20120220-1720.jar, and
org.eclipse.rap.rwt.visualization.google-1.5.0.20120220-1720.jar.

The end result of this comparison and different builds is that the Ant version of the war works fine including the histogram creation functionality that uses these packages. However, in the case of the Maven built war if one tries to use the histograms the application crashes with some Javascript error dumping all JSON on screen starting with:

Error: Error: Operation "call" on target "jsex" of type "[object Object]" failed:
this[b[e]] is not a function
Properties:

This error seems to be documented here but with the observation that application does use only org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Composite as suggested in comment 10 as an workaround. So, it is not clear to me why the error appears strictly related to the suggestions in the bug description.

It is clearly a strange versioning issue, because if I manually replace the two bundles in the Maven war with the corresponding (newer?) bundles from the Ant war and I change accordingly the feature.xml then the Maven war works fine including the graphics functionality.

I have tried to find 1.5.0.201305171114 version of the bundles via tycho/maven but I failed (even after using last built of the Orbit repository), because I would actually like to develop and configure the application via Maven NOT via Ant. Currently these are the repositories used in the parent pom:

<repositories>  
  		<!-- add Juno repository to resolve dependencies -->  
  		<repository>  
   			<id>Juno</id>  
   			<layout>p2</layout>  
   			<url>http://download.eclipse.org/releases/juno/</url>
  		</repository>
  		       <repository>
      		       <id>orbit</id>
      		       <layout>p2</layout>
      		       <url>http://download.eclipse.org/tools/orbit/downloads/drops/R20130517111416/repository/</url>
    	        </repository>
  		<repository>
  			<id>Rap 1.5 Incubator</id>
  			<layout>p2</layout>
  			<url>http://download.eclipse.org/rt/rap/1.5/incubator/</url> 
  		</repository>
  </repositories>

Any suggestion or help in solving this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and please let me know if you need more information,

Cristian
Previous Topic:Hardware recommendations for RAP server
Next Topic:HttpOnly flag for settingStore cookie
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 15:04:56 GMT 2024