Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » felix dm shell not working in application
felix dm shell not working in application [message #1059648] Tue, 21 May 2013 05:42 Go to next message
Tim Harsch is currently offline Tim HarschFriend
I'm trying to create an eclipse plugin. I started with the simple Eclipse Menu Command Example and then create a .target file where I have the Eclipse Platform and a custom p2 repository. One of the bundles my p2 brings in is the "Apache Felix Dependency Manager Shell (3.0.1)". It installs seemingly fine, as this snippet of the lb command shows.

604|Resolved | 4|Apache Felix Dependency Manager (3.0.0)
605|Active | 4|Apache Felix Dependency Manager (3.1.0)
606|Resolved | 4|Apache Felix Dependency Manager Shell (3.0.1)

But if I execute the 'dm' command I get:
gogo: CommandNotFoundException: Command not found: dm

I would expect to see this if the bundle were not there, but...
I'm thinking maybe the activator of that bundle didn't run but IDK. Any hints appreciated!
Re: felix dm shell not working in application [message #1059806 is a reply to message #1059648] Tue, 21 May 2013 16:39 Go to previous message
Tim Harsch is currently offline Tim HarschFriend
start 606 fixed the problem. But my question is: why did I need to manually start it? What would I need to have configured before launching the application that would state that the bundle should have been auto started?
Previous Topic:Text widget to implement a tail command
Next Topic:Eclipse plugin view not refreshed
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 10:03:20 GMT 2024