Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Drag and drop not scrolling in Jubula
Drag and drop not scrolling in Jubula [message #1059611] Mon, 20 May 2013 19:46 Go to next message
latha n is currently offline latha nFriend
Hi,
I am trying jubula to test an eclipse RCP application. I need to open an image on canvas and need to draw rectangles at specific coordinates on the canvas. But the problem I have is Jubula is only taking the visible area as 100%. If I change the image size to 100% my image is bigger than the visible canvas size and scroll bars appear. But Jubula is not looking at the entire image and treating only the visible area as 100% and drawing at the wrong location. If I reduce the image size to fit the screen and adjust the coordinates accordingly it's slightly off from one monitor to the other(Probably depends on resolution). Is there a way to tell jubula to take the entire image space including the scrolled part as 100% size. I have verified that the auto scroll is set to true.
Thanks
Re: Drag and drop not scrolling in Jubula [message #1059682 is a reply to message #1059611] Tue, 21 May 2013 08:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Achim Loerke is currently offline Achim LoerkeFriend

Since image display is highly application dependent there is no standard way to access image positions. To work with image positions you would need a Jubula extension which has information about the image format, layout, scroll, scaling etc. Writing such an extension should be doable in one or two days. Have a look at the documentation about writing an extension.
Re: Drag and drop not scrolling in Jubula [message #1060001 is a reply to message #1059682] Wed, 22 May 2013 13:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you for the reply. I am new to Eclipse RCP. I have read the documentation and the example on subshell. But still confused. I have to make the image accessible to Jubula and create some actions I guess. The image that's displayed on the canvas is and extension of org.eclipse.draw2d.ImageFigure. Do I need to create actions to drag and drop from coordinate to coordinate. Also where do I define image properties.
Thank you
Re: Drag and drop not scrolling in Jubula [message #1060095 is a reply to message #1060001] Thu, 23 May 2013 06:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
You might want to read the documentation on testing GEF figures and the information on the GEF actions. That should explain how to interact with the figures at all, then you'll be able to see if you need extensions / adapters.

Remember - if you want the team to give you a demo / help out with questions, then that's possible too (but you will have to get support / a web session for that) - more information here.

HTH,
Alex
Re: Drag and drop not scrolling in Jubula [message #1060240 is a reply to message #1060095] Thu, 23 May 2013 16:16 Go to previous message
Thank you for the reply. In my application I have a GEF canvas. It contains a .jpg image and we draw rectangular blocks on the image by drag and drop. Jubula is identifying the canvas. But it's not identifying the image's text path or by using object mapping. Does that mean I need to implement my own plugin and actions?

I will definitely look for a training session if my company decides go with Jubula. We are still researching various RCP tools to see which one works best for our product.
Thank you,
Latha
Previous Topic:Help:testexec run in windows ocurred
Next Topic:How to use the System Enviorment Variables of AUT configuration?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 22:24:18 GMT 2024