Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Linking more than 1 report with one column based on Value
Linking more than 1 report with one column based on Value [message #1059607] Mon, 20 May 2013 19:16 Go to next message
Ali Saggu is currently offline Ali SagguFriend
Hi ,
I ve been trying to link more than one Birt report based upon the value of the column clicked .I have to call a sub report from the parent report , passing it the value of the clicked column for drill -through reporting .

Im using row["platform_model"] as my hyperlink parameter . Can anyone give me an inside how to achieve my goal ?
Re: Linking more than 1 report with one column based on Value [message #1059875 is a reply to message #1059607] Wed, 22 May 2013 04:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

Can you explain this a little more? If you click on a column, you want a report ran for each value in the column? Or you want to run multiple reports using the value you click in a column as a parameter. Or something else? Let me know. Thanks!

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Re: Linking more than 1 report with one column based on Value [message #1059980 is a reply to message #1059875] Wed, 22 May 2013 12:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im using a grid to the content values.I want drill through reports for that column (platform_model) based upon the value of the row .eg if the value in the row is " Android " , I want it to "open android.rptdesign" and if the value is iPhone , it should open "iphone.rptdesign" .

Re: Linking more than 1 report with one column based on Value [message #1060090 is a reply to message #1059980] Thu, 23 May 2013 04:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Gotcha. You don't have to use a standard drill through. You could build your drill down link in a URI type hyperlink. This should make it easy to change the design name based on the value.

Michael

Re: Linking more than 1 report with one column based on Value [message #1060158 is a reply to message #1060090] Thu, 23 May 2013 11:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the main agenda for not using URI is that im also passing parameters to the relative report design? can you provide a sample ?
Re: Linking more than 1 report with one column based on Value [message #1060262 is a reply to message #1060158] Thu, 23 May 2013 17:32 Go to previous message

Okay. Well, in the onCreate of the element, you could do something like this:

if(this.getValue() == "Android"){
this.action.drillThrough.reportName = "Android.rptdesign";
}

Just set the original report to be your iPhone one and each time Android is the value, the design should change. Let me know.

Michael

Previous Topic:Displaying large variance of values in bar chart
Next Topic:Creating a Label Report.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 22:26:36 GMT 2024