Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EclipseLink » EclipseLink DBWS with JPQL(Examples of creating EclipseLink DBWS with JPQL and Criteria)
EclipseLink DBWS with JPQL [message #1059566] Mon, 20 May 2013 13:45 Go to next message
Panisha RN is currently offline Panisha RNFriend
Currently i am working on RCP which connects to DB using eclipse link.

But it is too slows when it is invoked from remote location.Now i would like to use Eclipse DBWS so that i can use my application as like web application

Can any one help me in migrating the application from Ecliselink to EclipseLink DBWS.

How can i use JPQL queries and Criteria queries which are there in application in DBWS.

Re: EclipseLink DBWS with JPQL [message #1060423 is a reply to message #1059566] Fri, 24 May 2013 15:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David McCann is currently offline David McCannFriend
I haven't tried anything like this, but you may be able to use a session customizer (http://wiki.eclipse.org/EclipseLink/Examples/DBWS/DBWSIntermediateCustomizer) to replace the queries generated by DBWS with your (same named, same return type) queries at runtime. As long as the names match the web service should pass the query name along to the provider, it should be able to execute your query, then return the result. If your query returns a different type than the DBWS generated one does, you'd need to manually edit the WSDL and DBWS service file (and perhaps the OR project as well).
Re: EclipseLink DBWS with JPQL [message #1061793 is a reply to message #1060423] Tue, 04 June 2013 05:50 Go to previous message
Panisha RN is currently offline Panisha RNFriend
I am facing difficulty in invoking the generated web service.

From the documentation it is not so clear how exacly we can migrate the application which using Eclipselink to use EclipseLink DBWS.

Please let me know if you know any other documentation which explains about the migration from EcipseLink to EclipseLinkDBWS.

thanks
Panisha
Previous Topic:JMS Cache coordination
Next Topic:JPQL queries on Virtual Access Method fields
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 19:32:47 GMT 2024