Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Java Code Generation(Having Trouble Installing Java Code Generation Extension)
Java Code Generation [message #1059491] Sun, 19 May 2013 19:11 Go to next message
David Hetherington is currently offline David HetheringtonFriend
I am new to Papyrus and am just learning to use the tool. I am now working my way through the tutorials and found the nice videos of using the Java Code generator here:

<link deleted because Forum software does not like links>

Very nice. I would like to try to use it.

So...I then backed up and followed the instructions to add the update site for Papyrus:

<link deleted because Forum software does not like links>

This seemed to work fine. I could see a number of extensions including three kinds of code generation. I selected Java and tried to install and got the error message shown in the attached PNG file:

"Missing requirement: Java code generator for Papyrus 1.3.3.200911231214 (com.cea.papyrus.gen.java.feature.group 1.3.3.200911231214) requires 'com.cea.papyrus.feature.feature.group 1.9.0' but it could not be found"

I also tried to install "Required Dependency" and got this error message:

"Missing requirement: Acceleo integration plugin for Papyrus 1.2.0 (com.cea.papyrus.integration.acceleo.feature.group 1.2.0) requires 'com.cea.papyrus.feature.feature.group 1.9.0' but it could not be found"

This also seems a bit odd because Papayrus itself seems to be at 0.9.2

(?)

Thanks,

David Hetherington

David Hetherington
Re: Java Code Generation [message #1059734 is a reply to message #1059491] Tue, 21 May 2013 13:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Camille Letavernier is currently offline Camille LetavernierFriend
Hi David,

Everything from papyrusuml.org/Papyrus 1.12 is deprecated and unmaintained (For about 4 years now), since Papyrus has migrated and is now an Eclipse Project: http://www.eclipse.org/papyrus

I think the Java code generation plug-ins will be back in Papyrus 0.10, in June 2013 (Eclipse Kepler).

Camille

Camille Letavernier
Re: Java Code Generation [message #1059741 is a reply to message #1059491] Tue, 21 May 2013 13:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed WillinkFriend
Hi

What do you want to generate?

Basic Java class structure: use UML2Ecore and the EMF code generator.
Basic Java class structure and behaviour: use UML2Ecore and the EMF code
generator extended by the OCL code generator.
State machines etc - no support yet.
Non Java - no support yet.

Regards

Ed Willink

On 21/05/2013 13:49, David Hetherington wrote:
> I am new to Papyrus and am just learning to use the tool. I am now working my way through the tutorials and found the nice videos of using the Java Code generator here:
>
> <link deleted because Forum software does not like links>
>
> Very nice. I would like to try to use it.
>
> So...I then backed up and followed the instructions to add the update site for Papyrus:
>
>
> This seemed to work fine. I could see a number of extensions including three kinds of code generation. I selected Java and tried to install and got the error message shown in the attached PNG file:
>
> "Missing requirement: Java code generator for Papyrus 1.3.3.200911231214 (com.cea.papyrus.gen.java.feature.group 1.3.3.200911231214) requires 'com.cea.papyrus.feature.feature.group 1.9.0' but it could not be found"
>
> I also tried to install "Required Dependency" and got this error message:
>
> "Missing requirement: Acceleo integration plugin for Papyrus 1.2.0 (com.cea.papyrus.integration.acceleo.feature.group 1.2.0) requires 'com.cea.papyrus.feature.feature.group 1.9.0' but it could not be found"
>
> This also seems a bit odd because Papayrus itself seems to be at 0.9.2
>
> (?)
>
> Thanks,
>
> David Hetherington
>
>
>
>
Re: Java Code Generation [message #1061234 is a reply to message #1059741] Thu, 30 May 2013 16:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David Hetherington is currently offline David HetheringtonFriend
Thanks for the pointer, I have looked at some online tutorials and ordered some more textbooks, including one (the only one?) on the EMF.

By the way, I have found a number of excellent tutorials out there. Obviously, some people put a *LOT* of effort into making such information around 2008 and 2009. However, the current constellation of EMF, eCore, xCore, Papayrus, XML Schema, UML 2.0, SysML, various Eclipse versions, etc... if a bit daunting for beginners. For newcomers it is hard to get an overview and figure out where you are supposed to start if you want to actually make something that compiles and runs. It is even more intimidating if your target environment is not a blank slate, but rather some sort of complicated environment like iOS, Android, Google App Engine. Does the beginner have to start from scratch and model the entire Android environment before he can get started on his app?

That complexity is definitely a barrier to growth and acceptance of the technology. What is the community at large thinking in terms of evangelism, making it easier to get newcomers onboard, prebuilt models of common environments, etc....?

Thanks,

David Hetherington
President
Asatte Press

David Hetherington
Re: Java Code Generation [message #1061398 is a reply to message #1059491] Fri, 31 May 2013 13:12 Go to previous message
Cedric Dumoulin is currently offline Cedric DumoulinFriend
Hi,

Papyrus also provide a Java class skeleton generator (and a Java
reverse tool) in its additional features.
The Java code generator is actually available from the svn sources,
or from the update site listed below. It should be available from the
Papyrus aditional features soon.

It is very simple to use: in Papyrus select the classes or packages
that you want some code to be generated, and in the contextual menu
choose Java -> Generate code.
It can handle the project creation, packages, classes, ... It takes
care if the code already exist or not.

- update site (until it is available from papyrus additional features):
http://www.lifl.fr/~dumoulin/papyrus-update/org.eclipse.papyrus.java-updatesite/

David Hetherington a écrit :
> I am new to Papyrus and am just learning to use the tool. I am now working my way through the tutorials and found the nice videos of using the Java Code generator here:
>
>
> Very nice. I would like to try to use it.
>
> So...I then backed up and followed the instructions to add the update site for Papyrus:
>
>
> This seemed to work fine. I could see a number of extensions including three kinds of code generation. I selected Java and tried to install and got the error message shown in the attached PNG file:
>
> "Missing requirement: Java code generator for Papyrus 1.3.3.200911231214 (com.cea.papyrus.gen.java.feature.group 1.3.3.200911231214) requires 'com.cea.papyrus.feature.feature.group 1.9.0' but it could not be found"
>
> I also tried to install "Required Dependency" and got this error message:
>
> "Missing requirement: Acceleo integration plugin for Papyrus 1.2.0 (com.cea.papyrus.integration.acceleo.feature.group 1.2.0) requires 'com.cea.papyrus.feature.feature.group 1.9.0' but it could not be found"
>
> This also seems a bit odd because Papayrus itself seems to be at 0.9.2
>
> (?)
>
> Thanks,
>
> David Hetherington
>
>
>
>
Previous Topic:Show Multiplicity on use case diagrams?
Next Topic:Papyrus SysML use case diagram
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 19:53:28 GMT 2024