Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » ServerTools (WTP) » Eclipse wsdl validator doesn't show exact error (Moving from XML Schema Definition (XSD) project)
Eclipse wsdl validator doesn't show exact error [message #1059420] Sat, 18 May 2013 07:05
Lasith Chandrasekara is currently offline Lasith ChandrasekaraFriend
Hi All,

Got a chance to work with eclipse WSDL validator. But it seems like it doesn't return exact error message when not having network connection to the ws-i.org site. It would be better if it can give detailed message by saying "this resource on ws-i.org can't find".
i.e. can't find resource ws-i.org/Testing/Tools/2004/12/AP10_BP11_SSBP10_TAD.xml

As I can understand the connection to ws-i.org is not mandatory for WSDL validation. But since it attempts to connect to ws-i.org, when doing validation with a machine doesn't have internet connection this may consume 2-3 minutes (depending on the DNS and proxy configuration on networks). In that case it is better to have descriptive message.

Following stack-trace might be useful to understanding,
at org.eclipse.wst.wsi.internal.core.profile.impl.ProfileAssertionsReaderImpl.readProfileAssertions(ProfileAssertionsReaderImpl.java:130)
at org.eclipse.wst.wsi.internal.core.profile.impl.ProfileAssertionsReaderImpl.readProfileAssertions(ProfileAssertionsReaderImpl.java:72)
at org.eclipse.wst.wsi.internal.WSITestToolsProperties.getProfileAssertions(WSITestToolsProperties.java:93)
at org.eclipse.wst.wsi.internal.core.analyzer.BasicProfileAnalyzer.validateConformance(BasicProfileAnalyzer.java:209)
at org.eclipse.wst.wsi.internal.core.analyzer.Analyzer.validateAll(Analyzer.java:198)
at org.eclipse.wst.wsi.internal.analyzer.WSDLAnalyzer.validateConformance(WSDLAnalyzer.java:158)
at org.eclipse.wst.wsi.internal.validate.wsdl.WSDLValidator.validate(WSDLValidator.java:291)

As my understanding here the problem is in WSITestToolsProperties.getProfileAssertions(). Where it catches the exception and return null results.
-------------------------------
catch (Exception e)
{
result = null;
}
-------------------------------
So from this point onwards we are not throwing the excact error message.
Anyway the final log message is (it don't have information about ws-r resource path),

WS-I: A problem occured while running the WS-I WSDL conformance check: org.eclipse.wst.wsi.internal.analyzer.WSIAnalyzerException: The WS-I Test Assertion Document (TAD)document was either not found or could not be processed.The WSDLAnalyzer was unable to validate the given WSDL File.

Reagards,
-Lasith Chandrasekara
Previous Topic:offline WSDLValidator.validate()
Next Topic:Web Service Client creation problem with Apache CXF
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 13:09:32 GMT 2024