Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Lua Development Tools » Windows Koneki and Corona first steps setup
Windows Koneki and Corona first steps setup [message #1059131] Thu, 16 May 2013 21:59 Go to next message
Linus Janson is currently offline Linus JansonFriend
Hi Smile

I want to debug or at least edit and run Android apps in the Corona Simulator, from Eclipse.

I saw Benjamin's youtube video (can't link) of using Koneki once it is installed. Benjamin's version is Mac though and looks a little different.

I have XP 32-bit and Corona Simulator works fine. I will have to use just a text editor until I get Eclipse working.

I downloaded Koneki LDT standalone 1.0, created new project and tried run as Lua Application, but I get Exception in thread Main.

And code hinting doesn't work even for Lua, when I type "for" I get no suggestions.

1. What to download?
2. How to tell Corona Simulator and Eclipse so they can find each other?
3. What to install/set up to get Corona API look up code hinting in Eclipse?

EDIT:
With roaminggamer's help I've solved it now! The answer is not as good as it could be since I'm not allowed to link here yet...

Answers:
1. JDK6 SE, Eclipse Java EE Juno, LDT debugger script, and Koneki+Corona API plugins within Eclipse.
2. By creating a Debug Configuration for Lua Remote Application.
3. This works when you use normal Eclipse+plugins or the standalone, but I still don't understand how Benjamin (kartben) got the "for" hinting. Maybe he hit a special-hinting key that I don't know yet.

Android Developer
Free Thought Games
freethoughtgames.wordpress.com

[Updated on: Tue, 21 May 2013 20:39]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Windows Koneki and Corona first steps setup [message #1059984 is a reply to message #1059131] Wed, 22 May 2013 12:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marc Aubry is currently offline Marc AubryFriend
Hi Linus,
I am glad you find a way to debug your corona app with LDT.

As you seem an eclipse new user, maybe you don't know the basic stuff to have content assist.
- First, your lua file have to be opened with the right editor. To select an editor right click on the file and go into the "Open With" menu to select the "Lua editor"
- Second, call the content assist by pressing Ctrl+Space shortcut. Make sure (Ctrl + Space) combination key is not hijacked by other application. You can change this shortcut in Eclipse preferences.

If it still doesn't work, please give more details about your context (OS, project, file, ...) you use.

Marc
Re: Windows Koneki and Corona first steps setup [message #1060071 is a reply to message #1059984] Wed, 22 May 2013 21:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Linus Janson is currently offline Linus JansonFriend
Well...I've used it before to edit others' code (Java). I'm doing fine coding in it now Smile

There are two kinds of Code Assist, code hinting and code templates. "for" was a template, and it doesn't automatically pop up like for code hinting. Now, Ctrl+Space pops up both types manually, but my problem was that I didn't know there was an explicit key.

But it was solved after a few minutes of googling. "Oh. It's TEMPLATES. OF COURSE." So after looking around in General/Keys this led me to search for the actual key combo on the net, because it does NOT appear if you filter by "template" or "code" (and I couldn't conjure up "Content" or "Assist"). And there's no way at all to find a key combo in that long list without filtering and reading.

So, the answer is:
3. RTFM problem. Smile Benjamin (and I) got the "for" template by pressing Ctrl+Space.

Android Developer
Free Thought Games
freethoughtgames.wordpress.com
Re: Windows Koneki and Corona first steps setup [message #1061283 is a reply to message #1059131] Fri, 31 May 2013 01:30 Go to previous message
Paul Lu is currently offline Paul LuFriend
Hi Linus,

Can you elaborate on your answer to question 2. I am also getting the same Exception in thread "main" error. Can you walk me through what options exactly to choose for this.

For question 1, where do you find the Corona Plugin API? I have been trying to find it on Eclispe but can not find the depository that has this.
Previous Topic:userdata types and detail formatter
Next Topic:running Lua Remote Application - Permission denied
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 10:18:55 GMT 2024