Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Target Management » Set default ftp folder / Change directory(How to cwd)
Set default ftp folder / Change directory [message #1058974] Thu, 16 May 2013 06:11 Go to next message
Hussain Akbar is currently offline Hussain AkbarFriend
I just installed RSE on Eclipse Juno, so pardon the noob question.

I created a connection to my ftp server (which runs Windows IIS, btw). The way the ftp server is set up, there are no directories physically located within the root folder, instead they are virtual mapping. To access them, users have to cwd manually after the connection or supply the directory name during connection.

ftp ftp.myserver.com/mydir
-- or --
ftp ftp.myserver.com
cwd mydir

I don't see any option is RSE to accomplish the same; I can't use the first format in the connection properties nor do I see any option to send the cwd command manually.

Help?
Re: Set default ftp folder / Change directory [message #1059060 is a reply to message #1058974] Thu, 16 May 2013 13:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Martin Oberhuber is currently offline Martin OberhuberFriend
Once you are connected, create a filter for the desired folder:

Right-click the Files subsystem, New > Filter

Then enter the desired path on the remote. This allows users to easily maintain _multiple_ "default folders" == filters on the remote.
Re: Set default ftp folder / Change directory [message #1059162 is a reply to message #1059060] Fri, 17 May 2013 05:08 Go to previous message
Hussain Akbar is currently offline Hussain AkbarFriend
No, that did not work.

As I mentioned, the sub-directory 'mydir' is a virtual folder in IIS' ftp site. Therefore, a CWD will and does work (from a command line ftp). The filter option that you mention gives the error 'file not found'. I suspect this is becuase RSE is attempting to get the directory using the LIST command and then trying to filter the result. As the 'mydir' sub-directory is not physically there and doesn't appear in the LIST response, hence the error.
Previous Topic:RSE Export / Import All Connections
Next Topic:RSE refuses to open javascript files
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 05:27:00 GMT 2024