Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » BPMN 2.0 Modeler » Launch BPMN modeler plugin from source code
Launch BPMN modeler plugin from source code [message #1058248] Mon, 13 May 2013 10:53 Go to next message
Me Me is currently offline Me MeFriend
Hello;
How i can launch BPMN modeler plugin from source code after each change ?
thank you in advance
Re: Launch BPMN modeler plugin from source code [message #1058290 is a reply to message #1058248] Mon, 13 May 2013 13:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Robert Brodt is currently offline Robert BrodtFriend

I'm not sure what you are asking. Have you tried this yet?

EDIT: I forgot to mention, you will need to increase the PermGen space in your launch configuration to something more reasonable, as shown here:

http://content.screencast.com/users/rbrodt/folders/Jing/media/d3077ebd-2671-40b3-9450-54026aeab4d7/2013-05-13_0818.png

Let me know if you still have questions.

Bob

[Updated on: Mon, 13 May 2013 14:20]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Launch BPMN modeler plugin from source code [message #1058550 is a reply to message #1058290] Tue, 14 May 2013 12:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you Bob for your response. I actually proceed in exactly the same way as you described above but the problem is; it shows nothing in the launched instance regarding the BPMN modeler.

For detail, I rephrase my problem.
I'm using Eclipse Gelileo and downloaded the BPMN2 modeler source code from its svn svn.java.net/svn/bpmn-modeler~source-code-repository, but I don't know exactly which project/package should be run as I tried executing all the plugin.xml files one by one but still i'm unable to see the plugin in launced eclipse instances.

Any further help shall be highly appreciated or please if someone can provide any details regarding the documentation of BPMN2 modeler source code.
Re: Launch BPMN modeler plugin from source code [message #1058566 is a reply to message #1058550] Tue, 14 May 2013 13:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hi "Me Me" (is that your real name?)

Ah ha! I understand the confusion now. The SVN repository you are looking at is the old BPMN modeler project at eclipse.org. This project is no longer being actively developed, as far as I know. Also, it is based on BPMN 1.0 which, as you know, is ancient technology Wink

This forum is for users and developers interested in the new, improved BPMN2 Modeler at eclipse.org. This editor is based on the more recent BPMN 2.0 specification proposed by the OMG. Please visit the project website http://www.eclipse.org/bpmn2-modeler/ to find out more about this project.

The source code is available from the eclipse git repository here:

https://git.eclipse.org/c/bpmn2-modeler/

and is also mirrored at github, here:

https://github.com/eclipse/bpmn2-modeler

If you need more help getting started, don't hesitate to ask.

Cheers!
Bob

EDIT: I forgot to mention, I haven't tested yet, but I don't think the BPMN2 Modeler will work with Galileo (speaking of ancient technology Wink) You may have to upgrade to a more recent version of eclipse. May I suggest a nice Juno vintage? It's fruity with a hint of cherry and chocolate.

[Updated on: Tue, 14 May 2013 14:24]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Launch BPMN modeler plugin from source code [message #1059731 is a reply to message #1058566] Tue, 21 May 2013 12:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I downloaded the source code of BPMN2 from https: //github.com/eclipse/bpmn2-modeler (GIT repository) and tried on all the eclipse versions (Helios/Juno/Galileo even the basic i.e classic) but still I see nothing in eclipse instance when launched as shown in the screenshot given by you.

It is really frustrating at this stage as I want to upgrade the source code and see the results in BPMN2 plugin, but i'm even unable to launch that Sad ..

Please help!!
Re: Launch BPMN modeler plugin from source code [message #1059793 is a reply to message #1059731] Tue, 21 May 2013 15:42 Go to previous message

Hmm, that's odd. Are you using a Java JRE 1.6 or 1.7 for the execution environment?
Have you imported the BPMN2 Modeler plugins into your eclipse debug workspace?
Are all of the dependencies installed in your debug workbench? I usually like to install the product I'll be working with into my debug workbench to make sure all of the dependencies are installed as well, before launching the product from source.
Sorry I can't think of anything else...

Bob
Previous Topic:Editor not showing - opening a bpmn file just shows white document
Next Topic:Access the process model programmatically?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 19:31:39 GMT 2024