Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Repository of Eclipse tests
Repository of Eclipse tests [message #1058132] Sun, 12 May 2013 10:36 Go to next message
Brian Watt is currently offline Brian WattFriend
In the spirit of reuse, is there a place where I can download existing Jubula tests to startup and shutdown Eclipse? I am an Eclipse for Parallel Applications developer and want to test some new parallel capability using Jubula, but to get started I need to launch Eclipse and get it started past the Welcome page. Because this is such a common occurrence I assumed that there would be a repository of Jubula tests for various Eclipse capabilities, such as startup, creating a project, building, running, etc. however in my searching I haven't found any tests. If there is a repository of exported tests can you provide a pointer to it. Thanks.

[Updated on: Sun, 12 May 2013 10:39]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Repository of Eclipse tests [message #1058146 is a reply to message #1058132] Sun, 12 May 2013 14:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Achim Loerke is currently offline Achim LoerkeFriend

There has been a proposal to add Jubula tests to EPP, but there wasn't enough response to keep that project going. I'll talk to the guy who ran the project and come back to you.

- Achim
Re: Repository of Eclipse tests [message #1058167 is a reply to message #1058146] Sun, 12 May 2013 23:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the quick response Achim. Does Eclipse for Testers or Jubula standalone use itself to test its own functionality? If so do you have some tests too?
Re: Repository of Eclipse tests [message #1058323 is a reply to message #1058167] Mon, 13 May 2013 14:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Jubula is of course tested with Jubula Smile
We have been planning to move these tests to the Eclipse git repository for some time now. But there is always something more important ...

Oliver (who maintains the tests) will follow up tomorrow.
Re: Repository of Eclipse tests [message #1058325 is a reply to message #1058323] Mon, 13 May 2013 14:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message

P.S.: Tomorrow in Central European Time
Re: Repository of Eclipse tests [message #1058353 is a reply to message #1058323] Mon, 13 May 2013 15:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Achim, thank you. And I'm not looking for very much since I'm a newbie and since the Jubula ITE is quite different from the Eclipse IDE and even more different than the Parallel Tools work. Mostly I'd like just the startup tests (through Welcome page closing) and separately shutdown tests (File/Exit or Window Close). Naturally I'd like to see how how those tests are structured so as to make mine fit in and be similar to the experts (yet I'm not suggesting that I would produce anything that would be committed back into your test case library). Overall I think this will help other Eclipse projects better embrace your efforts also. Thanks again.
Re: Repository of Eclipse tests [message #1058529 is a reply to message #1058353] Tue, 14 May 2013 12:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oliver Goetz is currently offline Oliver GoetzFriend
Hi Brian,

you can find some sample tests attached to this ticket in Eclipse bugzilla. Unfortunately these tests are very old (May 2011) but maybe they help.
Regards
Oliver
Re: Repository of Eclipse tests [message #1058537 is a reply to message #1058529] Tue, 14 May 2013 12:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Another tip (I haven't looked in the tests Oli put up, so it may be done differently there)- in terms of the welcome screen, you may want to do one of the following:

Either-
Open the welcome screen and then close it at the beginning of each AUT startup. If it's open already, then it just stays open.

Or-
Check whether the tab is there and close it if it is (using a retry Event Handler).

HTH,
Alex

Re: Repository of Eclipse tests [message #1058674 is a reply to message #1058529] Tue, 14 May 2013 16:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Oliver for the link. I'm reading through the attached xml files now.
Re: Repository of Eclipse tests [message #1059364 is a reply to message #1058674] Fri, 17 May 2013 16:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The ticket mentioned above has an attached zip file named EPP_TestProjects.zip which contains, among other things, some tests and the unbounded_modules_concrete_5.1.xml file. However, upon importing all the tests they also need unbounded_modules_swt_5.1.xml. Do you have a copy of unbounded_modules_swt_5.1.xml in your archives that you could attach to the same ticket to make it complete. Thanks.
Re: Repository of Eclipse tests [message #1059428 is a reply to message #1059364] Sat, 18 May 2013 09:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Just try to switch to the current version of the unbound modules (concrete and swt). Open the project properties dialog (int the Test menu), select "Used Projects" and exchange the versions referenced with an installed version (use the button with the arrows pointing in different directions).

Depending on the state of the project you might run into the problem of deprecated modules which were actually removed lately (after a few years of warning). If this is the case please read the release notes for help on fixing this.

- Achim
Re: Repository of Eclipse tests [message #1059594 is a reply to message #1059428] Mon, 20 May 2013 16:24 Go to previous message
Thanks Achim. Let me try that.
Previous Topic:Unique index or primary key violation
Next Topic:jubula and git -> gerrit -> jenkins
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 20:08:52 GMT 2024