Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » Virgo 3.6.1 + Spring 3.2.2 + org.springframework.osgi.core
Virgo 3.6.1 + Spring 3.2.2 + org.springframework.osgi.core [message #1053702] Tue, 07 May 2013 10:09 Go to next message
Maarten Winkels is currently offline Maarten WinkelsFriend
Hi All,

I'm new to using Virgo and my main goal is to transform a standard Web application running on Tomcat to run on Virgo (OSGi) to use shared lib and shared service features.

The Web application I'm deploying is using Spring 3.2.2 with Java @Configuration.

When I deployed the app on Virgo 3.6.1 it had problems loading the @Configuration classes: The CLib classes could not be found on the classpath. After googling the internet I found that I would have to upgrade the Spring bundles in the Virgo user region to 3.2.2 to make this work. I follow this FAQ to upgrade to 3.2.2, but ran into problems com.springsource.org.aspectj.weaver-1.7.1.RELEASE.jar (as described in the FAQ): Virgo would no longer start and it would show this message in the log
!ENTRY org.eclipse.virgo.medic 4 0 2013-05-07 03:24:10.573
!MESSAGE FrameworkEvent ERROR
!STACK 0
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: The bundle "org.eclipse.virgo.medic_3.6.1.RELEASE [37]" could not be resolved. Reason: Missing Constraint: Import-Package: org.aspectj.lang; version="[1.6.12,2.0.0)"
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.getResolverError(AbstractBundle.java:1332)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.getResolutionFailureException(AbstractBundle.java:1316)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.startWorker(BundleHost.java:323)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.resume(AbstractBundle.java:390)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.Framework.resumeBundle(Framework.java:1176)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.resumeBundles(StartLevelManager.java:559)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.resumeBundles(StartLevelManager.java:544)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.incFWSL(StartLevelManager.java:457)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.doSetStartLevel(StartLevelManager.java:243)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.dispatchEvent(StartLevelManager.java:438)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.dispatchEvent(StartLevelManager.java:1)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEvent(EventManager.java:230)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager$EventThread.run(EventManager.java:340)

...and then a whole lot more missing constraints.
I had already changed the configuration files as specified in the FAQ. I also tried upgrading to com.springsource.org.aspectj.weaver-1.7.2.RELEASE.jar, but to no avail.

After downgrading to com.springsource.org.aspectj.weaver-1.6.12.RELEASE.jar everything seemed to work ok: I could deploy a bundle depending spring 3.2.2 and exporting a service. YEAH!

Now I tried to use the service in a WAR. I added
Import-Bundle: org.springframework.osgi.core

to the manifest, but then I got the following error:
nstallation of bundle '...' failed. org.eclipse.virgo.nano.deployer.api.core.DeploymentException: Unable to satisfy dependencies of bundle '...' at version '...': Import-Bundle with symbolic name 'org.springframework.osgi.core' in version range '[0.0.0, oo)' could not be satisfied

and indeed if I run the packages org.springframework.osgi.core on osgi console it turns up empty.

Now I've installed bundle spring-osgi-core 1.2.1 from EBR (and spring-osgi-io 1.2.1 for good measure) in the user region, but now I run into the following error:
Unexpected exception parsing XML document from class path resource [...-context.xml]; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.FatalBeanException: Class [org.springframework.osgi.config.OsgiNamespaceHandler] for namespace .../schema/osgi] does not implement the [org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.NamespaceHandler] interface

It is trying to parse a spring context which imports the osgi service using <osgi:reference .../> but apparently cannot find the correct classes for the namespace handler.

At this point I'm not sure what to do. The only option I see is to update the spring framework in the kernel space as well, but I'm not sure what problems I will run into next...

Any pointers as to how to use spring 3.2.2 with osgi reference injection on virgo (3.6.1)?

Thanks!
Cheers,
-Maarten Winkels
Re: Virgo 3.6.1 + Spring 3.2.2 + org.springframework.osgi.core [message #1053797 is a reply to message #1053702] Tue, 07 May 2013 15:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Glyn Normington is currently offline Glyn NormingtonFriend
I upgraded Virgo Server for Apache Tomcat 3.6.1 to Spring framework 3.2.2 and AspectJ 1.7.1 by following the FAQ precisely and it started first time.
Re: Virgo 3.6.1 + Spring 3.2.2 + org.springframework.osgi.core [message #1058738 is a reply to message #1053797] Tue, 14 May 2013 19:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maarten Winkels is currently offline Maarten WinkelsFriend
Hi Glyn,

It started working somehow. I'm not sure how. Maybe it didn't work because I deleted the AspectJ 1.6.12.RELEASE version. I assumed it was obsolete and would be replaced with the new version, but maybe something was depending on it.

Thanks,
-Maarten Winkels
Re: Virgo 3.6.1 + Spring 3.2.2 + org.springframework.osgi.core [message #1058811 is a reply to message #1058738] Wed, 15 May 2013 08:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Glyn Normington is currently offline Glyn NormingtonFriend
Don't you just hate it when that happens and you lose the opportunity to understand the problem fully? Wink
Re: Virgo 3.6.1 + Spring 3.2.2 + org.springframework.osgi.core [message #1336187 is a reply to message #1053702] Tue, 06 May 2014 09:19 Go to previous message
Ferdinand Mising name is currently offline Ferdinand Mising nameFriend
For more solving...

I had this problem before and solved by removing returns from the java6-server.profile.
Previous Topic:Subdomain and virtual host configuration on Virgo
Next Topic:Ready, Steady, Vir...Go!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 00:49:03 GMT 2024