Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » actions form contextmenu executed twice
actions form contextmenu executed twice [message #1053466] Mon, 06 May 2013 07:01 Go to next message
Peter Tulpen is currently offline Peter TulpenFriend
Hello everyone,
one of our users das a strange problem using eclipse: when using something from the context menu, every action is executed twice
(e.g. copy and paste inserts twice, easy explore opens 2 windows etc.)
This started last monday and we have no idea why. A newer version of eclipse or different versions of java do not help.
Any ideas?

Best regards,
Peter
Re: actions form contextmenu executed twice [message #1059345 is a reply to message #1053466] Fri, 17 May 2013 15:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Staffan Falk is currently offline Staffan FalkFriend
I have exactly the same problem. I have tried running Eclipse Indigo and Juno. I have tried 32bit and 64bit versions. I have tried running Java 6 and Java 7. I have tried using the USB mouse and the touchpad when selecting a menu item. Always the same behavior. It started when i reinstalled Eclipse after switching to Windows 7.

The problem only seems to occur when selecting a menu item using the mouse/touchpad, not if using the keyboard.

I run a similar setup on another computer at home - running Windows 8 - without any problems.

I am very thankful if someone has a solution to this problem. It is truly irritating!
Re: actions form contextmenu executed twice [message #1059712 is a reply to message #1059345] Tue, 21 May 2013 10:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello,
We tested this here as well, and see the same effect that this is jsut occuring when the mouse is used.

Best regards,
Peter
Re: actions form contextmenu executed twice [message #1060754 is a reply to message #1059712] Tue, 28 May 2013 11:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The problem seems to be nView, and the solutoin is to disable it
see: stackoverflow.com/questions/16470866/eclipse-dialogs-open-twice-when-clicked-with-mouse
Re: actions form contextmenu executed twice [message #1060772 is a reply to message #1060754] Tue, 28 May 2013 12:05 Go to previous message
Staffan Falk is currently offline Staffan FalkFriend
Ah, problem solved Smile Disabling nView was the solution!
Thanks Peter!
Previous Topic:How to detect that code is running in Development environment or in generic Eclipse using Plugins?
Next Topic:ComboViewer catching "drop down" event
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 22:36:28 GMT 2024