Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » BPMN 2.0 Modeler » Error for Standalone Tasks in Adhoc Subprocesses
Error for Standalone Tasks in Adhoc Subprocesses [message #1053423] Sun, 05 May 2013 10:38 Go to next message
Tobias Weigl is currently offline Tobias WeiglFriend
Hi,

due to BPMN 2.0 specs (p. 180, also Figure 10.36), adhoc subprocesses can have standalone activities with no flow. However, in the modeller this produces an "no outgoing connections" error.

Thanks
Re: Error for Standalone Tasks in Adhoc Subprocesses [message #1053438 is a reply to message #1053423] Sun, 05 May 2013 18:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tobias Weigl is currently offline Tobias WeiglFriend
I created a patch to fix this.

However, i'm not completely sure about this, since it allows flow sequences like: StartEvent->Task (no EndEvent), which might also be seen as forbidden for ad-hoc processes.

Maybe the validator should implement a check like: If there is a start or end event, there has to be a valid flow between them. What do you think? The spec is not very clear about this.

However, even without this fix, there are questionable processes declared as "valid".
-

[Updated on: Sun, 05 May 2013 20:51]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Error for Standalone Tasks in Adhoc Subprocesses [message #1053539 is a reply to message #1053438] Mon, 06 May 2013 12:53 Go to previous message
Robert Brodt is currently offline Robert BrodtFriend

Hi again Tobias,

Thanks for the patch! It would really help a lot if you could create a bugzilla and attach the patch code, so it can be tracked (also, it will help others in the community who may have come across this same issue).

Validation in the editor is still an area that needs some work, and it's on the to-do list. If you'd like to contribute in this area, please let me know and I'll be happy to help you get started Smile

Cheers,
Bob
Previous Topic:Resizable Subprocesses
Next Topic:Put a Flag in elements of the BPMN
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 22:48:47 GMT 2024