Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » Problem creating webservice Consumer
Problem creating webservice Consumer [message #1053354] Sat, 04 May 2013 11:19 Go to next message
Yassine MILHI is currently offline Yassine MILHIFriend
Hi,

I am using Scout Juno SR1. Its the first time I am generating a WebService Consumer.

When I create a webservice Consumer (using the tutorial on that topic: http://wiki.eclipse.org/Scout/Tutorial/3.8/webservices/Webservices_with_JAX-WS) I get an error as soon as I finish the wizard. I think all the files are generated but the service and Port type are not filled (see Attachment below). I get an Error on my source but I don't know how to fix it.

Console code
[INFO] JAX-WS option: -b WEB-INF/build/StockQuoteServiceSoapWebServiceClient-bindings.xml
[INFO] JAX-WS directive: -verbose
[INFO] JAX-WS option: -target 2.0
[INFO] JAX-WS directive: -Xdebug
[INFO] JAX-WS directive: -keep
[color=red][ERROR]java.lang.NullPointerException
	at org.eclipse.scout.jaxws.tool.JaxWsStubGenerator.compile(JaxWsStubGenerator.java:345)
	at org.eclipse.scout.jaxws.tool.JaxWsStubGenerator.main(JaxWsStubGenerator.java:248)[/color]

[INFO] Stub JAR-file 'StockQuoteService.jar' created
[INFO] JAX-WS stub generation completed. For debugging purpose, please see the following debug output.
[INFO] parsing WSDL...

[DEBUG] Authorization file "C:\Users\Administrateur\.metro\auth" not found. If the WSDL access needs Basic Authentication, please provide authorization file with read access at C:\Users\Administrateur\.metro\auth or use -Xauthfile to give the authorization file and on each line provide authorization information using this format : http[s]://user:password@host:port//<url-path>

[WARNING] Ignoring SOAP port "StockQuoteServiceSoap12": it uses non-standard SOAP 1.2 binding.
You must specify the "-extension" option to use this binding.
  line 130 of file:/C:/Users/Administrateur/WorkTmp/org.eclipse.scout.tutorial.jaxws.server.tutorial/WEB-INF/wsdl/consumer/StockQuoteService.asmx.wsdl

Generating code...

com\nexus6studio\services\ArrayOfStockQuote.java
com\nexus6studio\services\ArrayOfString.java
com\nexus6studio\services\GetStockQuote.java
com\nexus6studio\services\GetStockQuoteResponse.java
com\nexus6studio\services\GetStockQuotes.java
com\nexus6studio\services\GetStockQuotesResponse.java
com\nexus6studio\services\ObjectFactory.java
com\nexus6studio\services\StockQuote.java
com\nexus6studio\services\StockQuoteService.java
com\nexus6studio\services\StockQuoteServiceSoap.java
com\nexus6studio\services\package-info.java

[INFO] WSDL model could not be parsed to display service properties

How can I configure or fix this?

Regards Yassine

[Updated on: Sat, 04 May 2013 11:24]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Problem creating webservice Consumer [message #1058101 is a reply to message #1053354] Sat, 11 May 2013 09:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jeremie Bresson is currently offline Jeremie BressonFriend
Can you try it with a Juno SR2?
I remembered forum threads here mentioning problem with some versions of Scout SDK (but I do not remember which ones).

[Updated on: Sat, 11 May 2013 09:31]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Problem creating webservice Consumer [message #1058160 is a reply to message #1053354] Sun, 12 May 2013 18:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Daniel Wiehl is currently offline Daniel WiehlFriend
Hi Yassine

The problem is based on that the Java Compiler cannot be found in order to compile your JAX-WS artifacts. That is why your 'service' and 'port type' is still empty after generating the web-service stub because not being generated at all. If you have a look at your console output, you may notice the NullPointerException indicating exactly this problem.

To solve the issue, please ensure the default installed JRE on your eclipse platform to point to a valid JDK location (and not only JRE). You can verify and change your settings via Eclipse menu 'Windows | Preferences | Java | Installed JREs'. Please have a look at the attached screenshot to have an idea about what I mean.
Generally, if not being found, the compiler is tried to be located by evaluating your system variable 'JAVA_HOME'. Also, it is good practice to point it not only to a JRE but a JDK location instead.

Please let me know if this solved your problem.

@Jeremie: I tried with both, Juno SR1 and SR2, respectively and both are working as expected.
Re: Problem creating webservice Consumer [message #1058372 is a reply to message #1053354] Mon, 13 May 2013 18:31 Go to previous message
Yassine MILHI is currently offline Yassine MILHIFriend
Thank you Mr. Daniel.
It works now.
I pointed to JDK location instead of JRE as you said.
Thanks Mr. Jeremie for being interested in this topic.
Regards,
Yassine
Previous Topic:import cannot be resolved
Next Topic:Any plans to improve the CalendarField component
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 14:41:21 GMT 2024