Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Requirements Modeling Framework  » easy way to export / print reqs including link information
easy way to export / print reqs including link information [message #1053348] Sat, 04 May 2013 09:13 Go to next message
Chrysanth Sulzberger is currently offline Chrysanth SulzbergerFriend
Hi there,

I've organized all my requirements including their underlaying needs, based on it's context information with ProR. Each type of information (context information, needs, user requirements and system requirements) in separate specifications with links to it's source for traceability. So far so good Smile Now if I would like to export these reqs, I able to print them, but I could not find a way to print the specifications including the link information. Is there an easy way (without development) to export my requirements with their link information (the field configured as label of course Wink)?

Any ideas?

-Chrysanth
Re: easy way to export / print reqs including link information [message #1053467 is a reply to message #1053348] Mon, 06 May 2013 07:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Jastram is currently offline Michael JastramFriend
Hello Chrysanth,

The good news is that your feature request is already in the pipeline. The bad news is that it will probably take a while. A student is working on this as part of his Bachelor thesis, which is due three months from now.

> Is there an easy way (without development) to export my requirements with their link information

Well, all this information is contained in the ReqIF file. You could create a report using XSL Transformation and a stylesheet (not sure whether you consider this to be development or not).

In the meantime, there is yet another option: You can use another tool to read the ReqIF (like Rational DOORS) and use its reporting capabilities. Obviously, this means that you need access to such a tool. Sad

Hope this helps!

- Michael
Re: easy way to export / print reqs including link information [message #1053508 is a reply to message #1053467] Mon, 06 May 2013 10:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello Michael,

thanks for your fast response! Glad to hear that it will be available in the future. Maybe I'll try to create a custom report with a stylesheet. Do you know if there are templates available?

-Chrysanth
Re: easy way to export / print reqs including link information [message #1053525 is a reply to message #1053508] Mon, 06 May 2013 11:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Jastram is currently offline Michael JastramFriend
Hi Chrysanth,

> Do you know if there are templates available?

I am afraid not. Sad

Best,

- Michael
Re: easy way to export / print reqs including link information [message #1058892 is a reply to message #1053508] Wed, 15 May 2013 14:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Said Salem is currently offline Said SalemFriend
Dear Chrysanth Sulzberger,

I'm writing my Master thesis on Reporting for ReqIF and I'm currently gathering requirements to enhance the Reporting means of ProR.
I would be grateful if I could get in touch with you. Thus I could ask you for feedback (concerning Reporting issues with ProR) during the further process of my work.
I would be glad to hear from you.

Best regards,
Said Salem
Re: easy way to export / print reqs including link information [message #1059496 is a reply to message #1058892] Sun, 19 May 2013 22:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sure. But I could not find a way to contact you privately Wink Any idea?
Re: easy way to export / print reqs including link information [message #1059718 is a reply to message #1059496] Tue, 21 May 2013 11:09 Go to previous message
Said Salem is currently offline Said SalemFriend
Hi Chrysanth,

I think PMs are deactivated in this forum. Anyway, here is my email address: said.salem@web.de
Feel free to contact me at any time.

Best regards,
Said
Previous Topic:Problems with tool-extentions
Next Topic:Problems with unload Resources and reloading them and working with a new EditingDomain
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 04:06:51 GMT 2024