Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » BPMN 2.0 Modeler » "User task has no task name"
"User task has no task name" [message #1053318] Fri, 03 May 2013 20:20 Go to next message
Elisabeth Dévière is currently offline Elisabeth DévièreFriend
Hello,

I am a BPMN modeler newbie and using it solely for editing models.

In this context I have been fighting to get rid of the warning "User task has no task name"
that is displayed on any 'User Task' activity shape.

What exactly is expected here? I have a Name specified in the Description attributes (Properties View)
and this name is displayed correctly on the diagram. The warning remains though.

I am using

BPMN2 Editor 0.2.5.201304262142

in an Eclipse 4.2.2 based product on Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5.

Many thanks in advance for your help!

Best,
Elisabeth
Re: "User task has no task name" [message #1053544 is a reply to message #1053318] Mon, 06 May 2013 13:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Robert Brodt is currently offline Robert BrodtFriend

Hi Elisabeth,

The "Task Name" in this case is the name of the task that the user is to accomplish (for example "Approve Loan Application") not necessarily the name of the User Task figure on the canvas (although they should probably be the same, for consistency). The Task Name is set in the "User Task" tab of the Property Sheet. This "Task Name" attribute is actually a model extension required by jBPM, and is unrelated to the BPMN2 "Name" attribute.

Regards,
Bob
Re: "User task has no task name" [message #1053844 is a reply to message #1053544] Tue, 07 May 2013 19:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Elisabeth Dévière is currently offline Elisabeth DévièreFriend
Hi Bob,

Many thanks for your detailed explanation. Weirdly enough I do not
find any "Task Name" name attribute in the User Task tab of the
Properties View.

I am using BPMN2 Editor version 0.2.5.201305042252 and see the
following

- Attributes
- Resource Role List
- Rendering List

The Attributes section has an
- 'Implementation' text field
- 'Is For Compensation' checkbox

Always willing to provide more information.

Thanks again,
Best,

Elisabeth.

Re: "User task has no task name" [message #1058155 is a reply to message #1053844] Sun, 12 May 2013 17:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pascal Garcia is currently offline Pascal GarciaFriend
Hello,
I am a brand new comer on this site, I just registered a few minutes ago.
I am engeneer and need to experiment different BPMN solutions.

This eclipse plugin seens to be very interresting as it seems it implements most (if not all) of the BPMN2 specification.

I just encounter the same problem as Elisabeth.
The sample project imported in eclipse is OK. I can see all attributes in the tasks impored. But in any new task as Elisabeth wrote only one attribute named Implementation is present. A yellow sign report the error "User Task has no task name".

I beleive a parameter not set or plugin not installed, or may be a specific French problem! Smile I snooped around but did not find anything relevant.

Thanks for any help.

Regards
Pascal Garcia
Re: "User task has no task name" [message #1058159 is a reply to message #1053844] Sun, 12 May 2013 18:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sory I was wrong. In the sample now any new task has the same parameters. I am quite sure that was not the case, but I left eclipse and answered by yes to a question to apply "I do not know exactly what", some kind of template.

But the new bpmn still do not work? But the process are different:
tab process :
id name and verson in one case;
name, process type for the new process.

I edited the 2 files, there is a difference in definition of the namespace. Eveything that relates to drool is missing in the process not working.

xmlns:di
xmlns:g
xmlns
xsi:schemalocation

here are the 2nd line of the file working.

Sory I can not : stupid ununders+tandable messag+e :
"You can only use links to eclipse.org sites while you have fewer than 5 messages."

Elisabeth if you replace your second line by the secong line in the example.

Re: "User task has no task name" [message #1058170 is a reply to message #1058159] Mon, 13 May 2013 03:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Wow...I have read these posts several times now, and have tried very hard to figure out what was being said, but I still feel like the blind man and the elephant...
Maybe a screen capture along with the generated XML would help explain what's going on?
Please email me at bbrodt@redhat.com with a more detailed description.

Thanks,
Bob
Re: "User task has no task name" [message #1058391 is a reply to message #1058170] Mon, 13 May 2013 20:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok I try to be more precise.
The BPMN process is stored in an xml file.

Capture of the not working window, attributes of the user task are not correct.
add https before the links I provide. I am not allowed to use links!

//dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/12108744/BPMNEDITOR/Capture1.JPG

Here is the not working file:

//dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/12108744/BPMNEDITOR/process_2.bpmn

Here is the workingfile:

//dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/12108744/BPMNEDITOR/process_2.bpmn

The difference is in namespace define at line 2.

I do beleave the difference comes from the configuration of eclipse bpmn plugin:

//dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/12108744/BPMNEDITOR/Capture2.JPG
Depending on this configuration I beleive a different template is used when creating a new process.
The template for none seems to be incorrect, name space is incomplete.
On my installation am am not able to create a process if not None target. Probably an error in my system.

Edit these 2 files with xmleditor in eclipse.
You will notice some lines missing :
xmlns etc.

I do beleive that the BPMN2 Editor uses the définition of the XML to display the various fields, so the editor does not add fields that are not supported by the target engine.

I do beleive that the None template should include a full definition.

Is that more clear.
Regards.

Re: "User task has no task name" [message #1058401 is a reply to message #1058391] Mon, 13 May 2013 23:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I don't understand what you mean by "not working". The URL for both of these process files is identical, so I have nothing to compare. And, the file you said is "not working" can be opened with the BPMN2 Modeler without any problems, and I can change attributes and save/reopen the file.

Regarding the "Target Runtime" setting in the User Preferences, if you select "None" the editor will generate "generic" BPMN 2.0 XML with appropriate default values. If you select "JBoss jBPM5 Business Process Engine" then the editor will add the targetNamespace="http://www.jboss.org/drools" to the <bpmn2:definitions> element and will also set the default namespace to the same URI (xmlns="http://www.jboss.org/drools" - this is required to work around an element referencing issue in jBPM.)

So...I'm not sure what you are asking...sorry Sad
Re: "User task has no task name" [message #1058415 is a reply to message #1058401] Tue, 14 May 2013 04:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sorry for the mistake

here is the one working

//dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/12108744/BPMNEDITOR/Evaluation.bpmn

open the user task and you will see that you have or have not the attribe Task Name defined depending on the process.

Regards.
Pascal
Regards
Re: "User task has no task name" [message #1058518 is a reply to message #1058415] Tue, 14 May 2013 11:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Task Name is one of the data inputs for the User Task. This is required by jBPM.

The other process file you say is "not working" is not targeted for jBPM; in fact it is not targeted for any particular process execution engine, but it is still valid BPMN 2.0. What does "not working" mean outside the context of an execution engine? I don't understand why you think that is an error. What, in your opinion, should it look like?
Re: "User task has no task name" [message #1058745 is a reply to message #1058518] Tue, 14 May 2013 20:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello
The problem is that when you save a validation is done.
Then a smal sign appears on the upper lef corner of Users Tasks.
When moving cursir on this sign, a message saying that "User task as no Task Name", and you have no chance to set the User Task No porperties are available for this.
Regards.
Re: "User task has no task name" [message #1058754 is a reply to message #1058518] Tue, 14 May 2013 22:23 Go to previous message
Ok,
I think we should simply forget all what I said.

Here is something I did not notice at first.
At some point a process properly edited, suddendly give these errors.
In fact I think there are conflicts between different pakages installed:

Jbpm, and BPM2 Editor at least.

Both gardening in the file when saving and modifying.
I Deinstalled jbpm5 and some of the problems just went away.

Regards
Previous Topic:conditional sequenceflow
Next Topic:Resizable Subprocesses
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 10:33:32 GMT 2024