Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF "Technology" (Ecore Tools, EMFatic, etc)  » Epatch in current EMF Compare
Epatch in current EMF Compare [message #1053105] Thu, 02 May 2013 13:18 Go to next message
Miklós Földényi is currently offline Miklós FöldényiFriend
Hi!

I am looking for a tool that can generate/execute model patches between EMF models. I came across a tool called EMF Compare Epatch, but the latest chatter about it is from 2011.

This tool was an EMF Compare extension as I can gather and resided in the org.eclipse.emf.compare.epatch package back in version 1.1.1 according to the javadoc.

Am I missing something about this? Was it renamed? Or maybe an other part of EMF Compare provides this same functionality? Was it scrapped?

Thanks!
Miklós
Re: Epatch in current EMF Compare [message #1053692 is a reply to message #1053105] Tue, 07 May 2013 08:57 Go to previous message
Charles Bonneau is currently offline Charles BonneauFriend
Hello,
I was also looking for something like that and I stumbled upon Edapt: http://www.eclipse.org/edapt/
Apparently it can use EMF compare to generate an "history", but it seems that it is more suited for a versioning/migration problem.
The major problem in my use case is that EDapt only stores the changes between versions so that the ecore is always the latest and I need to keep all the models (V1, V2, etc) and their generated code (in different projects) for backward compatibility.

I would also be interested if you find something interesting.

Best regards,

Charles
Previous Topic:[Texo] Issue with FeatureId's
Next Topic:Problem with emf2java ant script
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 12:29:17 GMT 2024