Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » Eclipse PDT and XDebug 2.2.2(xdebug, eclipse PDT, PHP)
Eclipse PDT and XDebug 2.2.2 [message #1053000] Wed, 01 May 2013 20:30 Go to next message
Alain Roger is currently offline Alain RogerFriend
Hi,

I'm trying to configure eclipse PDT with xdebug, in order to be able to debug my PHP code i create for Joomla/Prestashop and other CMS.

i must say that tutorials i found till now are really old and they do not reflect the current situation in terms of options, versions or feature and settings.

i tried:
http://docs.joomla.org/Configuring_Eclipse_and_Xdebug
but i wasn't able to make it run properly..
in fact even if i have break points eclipse do not stop on them.

i check if i didn't do something stupid with xdebug and tried with another IDE like PHPStorm and it works well...

so something must be wrong with eclipse settings.

Could you tell me where can i find a new tutorials or necessary information to be able to setup it correctly ?
thx.

thx.
Re: Eclipse PDT and XDebug 2.2.2 [message #1053074 is a reply to message #1053000] Thu, 02 May 2013 10:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I still working on this issue and i have maybe a stupid question...
whatever i use eclipse or PHPStorm it requests a PHP interpreter. But how can i set the interpreter, when the exe files are on my remote system and not on local development computer ?
Re: Eclipse PDT and XDebug 2.2.2 [message #1053091 is a reply to message #1053074] Thu, 02 May 2013 11:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
even if the tutorial available on http://robsnotebook.com/php_debugger_pdt_xdebug does not work. Sad

i would like to know if it's really possible to debug PHP of my remote system from my windows client.

i saw a lot of blogs/tutorials about it but all have been written before PDT3.0 and the latest i found was from 2010 Sad

if it's not possible in this case i will move to another IDE Sad

[Updated on: Thu, 02 May 2013 12:07]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Eclipse PDT and XDebug 2.2.2 [message #1053137 is a reply to message #1053091] Thu, 02 May 2013 15:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok, finally it works with chrome and xdebug help plugins.
Re: Eclipse PDT and XDebug 2.2.2 [message #1057787 is a reply to message #1053137] Wed, 08 May 2013 17:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Testr t is currently offline Testr tFriend
Hi Roger,

I had the same issue and I still have the issue. I set up a WAMP server with some php files in it which are used as webservice rather than a web page. I tried to debug the script from browser but it never stops on the breakpoints,(I have the break at first line option and also have some breakpoints). I am able to debug as a php script though but it would be useful for me only if I can debug it when using from the browser. Can you let me know what you have changed to make the breakpoints work from the chrome browser?
Re: Eclipse PDT and XDebug 2.2.2 [message #1067622 is a reply to message #1057787] Tue, 09 July 2013 16:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pjotr Bee is currently offline Pjotr BeeFriend
Hi Testr T,

I'm having the same problem (see my post of today). Are you any further on this subject ?
Re: Eclipse PDT and XDebug 2.2.2 [message #1070625 is a reply to message #1067622] Thu, 18 July 2013 10:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
suchal riaz is currently offline suchal riazFriend
Same problem here. It seems to be a bug in Eclipse PDT because neither debugger stops at any breakpoint. there are several breakpoints and exceptions but it just displays the final results without pausing anywhere.
[OT]Re: Eclipse PDT and XDebug 2.2.2 [message #1071562 is a reply to message #1070625] Sat, 20 July 2013 13:19 Go to previous message
Toshihiro Izumi is currently offline Toshihiro IzumiFriend
suchal riaz wrote on Thu, 18 July 2013 06:37
Same problem here. It seems to be a bug in Eclipse PDT because neither debugger stops at any breakpoint. there are several breakpoints and exceptions but it just displays the final results without pausing anywhere.

According to Zend and Xdebug Debuggers does not stop at the breakpoints., you seem to have a different problem.
In case you described, ZendDebugger works somehow, but Xdebug does not work for remote debugging.
Previous Topic:Source Format uses tabs instead of spaces
Next Topic:Eclipse PDT Auto-Complete doesn't suggest Class methods
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 23:06:32 GMT 2024