Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Group data on same line as detail data - How to?
Group data on same line as detail data - How to? [message #1052950] Wed, 01 May 2013 14:26 Go to next message
Marc Horvath is currently offline Marc HorvathFriend
I'm new to BIRT and just started the tutorial this morning. I noticed that when the data breaks from a group, like state to state or city to city within a state, the group value gets displayed on it's own line and then the details are displayed on the next line. Is there any way for the group value/data to be displayed on the same line as the detail data?

I've attached a picture of what the report is doing and a picture of what I would like it to look like after reformatting the data in a spreadsheet.

Thanks very much,
Marc
marc@andrewsandwatson.com

Is Doing:
index.php/fa/14598/0/

What I would like it to do:
index.php/fa/14599/0/

• Attachment: IsDoing.jpg
    (Size: 99.32KB, Downloaded 1076 times)
  • Attachment: WantToDo.jpg
    (Size: 171.56KB, Downloaded 1114 times)
Re: Group data on same line as detail data - How to? [message #1053025 is a reply to message #1052950] Thu, 02 May 2013 06:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Noor ul Huda is currently offline Noor ul HudaFriend
I think you are asking about formatting of report??
Re: Group data on same line as detail data - How to? [message #1053093 is a reply to message #1053025] Thu, 02 May 2013 12:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes this issue is about formatting a report. The bottom line is can I suppress printing a newline character when a new group value is displayed/printed? The format I want is shown in the second image of my original post.
Re: Group data on same line as detail data - How to? [message #1053194 is a reply to message #1053093] Fri, 03 May 2013 05:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

If you select the cell that contains the element in the group row and go to the general tab of the property editor and set the drop property to "detail", you should get what you're wanting. Let me know.

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Re: Group data on same line as detail data - How to? [message #1053237 is a reply to message #1053194] Fri, 03 May 2013 10:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael,

Thank you very much for the idea and response but I can find a drop property setting on the General tab. On the General tab I see: Name, Element ID, Font, Size, Color, Background Color, Whitespace, Style, and Display. I checked out the other property tabs and didn't see it there either.

Marc
Re: Group data on same line as detail data - How to? [message #1053240 is a reply to message #1053194] Fri, 03 May 2013 10:26 Go to previous message
OK, I played around some more and found the drop property. I had clicked in the wrong cell. The problem now though is that the drop property is only available in cells in which I don't have a value defined. When I set the property to detail in certain cells it drops the value displayed in that column.
Previous Topic:Extra border in HTML output using Birt 4.2.2 viewer
Next Topic:dynamic parameter based on Scripted data set
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 06:39:34 GMT 2024