Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Lua Development Tools » Run external program on save(Feature request)
icon3.gif  Run external program on save [message #1052726] Tue, 30 April 2013 13:01 Go to next message
Deepankar Jain is currently offline Deepankar JainFriend
Hello,

First off, thank you very much for this plug-in. I find it very useful!

Would it be possible to add the ability to run an external program (such as a shell script) on save? I have a script that trims trailing whitespace and coverts tabs to spaces (might be introduced by other contributors). It would be great if I could run this script whenever I save a Lua file. I did some googling and the only other way to accomplish this is to define a builder that run the script. However, that's less than ideal because it's a more complicated solution.

Thanks in advance!

DJ
Re: Run external program on save [message #1052836 is a reply to message #1052726] Tue, 30 April 2013 16:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Simon Bernard is currently offline Simon BernardFriend
hi,

Thanks for your feedback Very Happy.

It seems your real need is to clean your code on save (convert spaces-tabs, remove white space ...)
If you want to do that there is a plugin which does this kind of stuff, I never test it with LDT but I suppose it works. If you want to test it : http://andrei.gmxhome.de/anyedit/

For action on save, I don't know an other solution than add a builder on your project. It's a bit complicated but this is a generic feature available for all 'eclipse project'.
The documentation to add a builder is here.

But we think about that when we will plan the next features Smile.
Re: Run external program on save [message #1052840 is a reply to message #1052836] Tue, 30 April 2013 16:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the tip about AnyEdit, Simon! That definitely fits the bill and it works well with the LDT.

Cheers!
Re: Run external program on save [message #1052841 is a reply to message #1052840] Tue, 30 April 2013 16:32 Go to previous message
By the way, thank you also for a speedy response.

Again, kudos on your plug-in!
Previous Topic:Can LDT debug Lua in a C app?
Next Topic:Can't use the editor under Mac OS
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 21:36:10 GMT 2024