Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » jubula and git -> gerrit -> jenkins(The workflow of jubulas UI tests with git, gerrit and jenkins)
jubula and git -> gerrit -> jenkins [message #1052665] Tue, 30 April 2013 11:26 Go to next message
Michael Schwemmlein is currently offline Michael SchwemmleinFriend
Hi,

we are working on a project with the classical continuous integration of git, gerrit and jenkins. Jenkins already triggers the UI tests to run, but they have to be in a seperate folder on the UI testing machine.

Is there a way to integrate the UI tests into commits, push them through gerrit and jenkins and let them test automatically?

Thank your very much,

Michael
Re: jubula and git -> gerrit -> jenkins [message #1053503 is a reply to message #1052665] Mon, 06 May 2013 10:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi Michael,

Do you mean that you want to use a similar process for the tests as for the code (i.e. commit changes in the tests via gerrit and then have the tests triggered), or are you aiming for the tests to be run automatically on each commit?

Thanks for the information!
Alex
Re: jubula and git -> gerrit -> jenkins [message #1053696 is a reply to message #1053503] Tue, 07 May 2013 09:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The tests already run automatically on each commit. We got only a few basic ui tests and can only create new ones on the Test-PC.

I just want to commit tests, like i commit code. Gerrit and jenkins can ignore the UI-Tests. Jenkins starts the testing PC. Until here, everything is fine.

BUT:
The Test-PC has to gather all UI-Tests (send in the previous commits) out of the repository and run them.

running them wouldnt be a problem, but how can i gather all ui-tests inside a folder hirarchy or directly out of a git repository?

Thank you so far,

Michael
Re: jubula and git -> gerrit -> jenkins [message #1058512 is a reply to message #1053696] Tue, 14 May 2013 11:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Achim Loerke is currently offline Achim LoerkeFriend

I'm not sure that I understand the problem. If you have the tests committed to git why don't you just pull and use them. In case of Jubula you would have to import them into a DB (embedded would work here).

- Achim
Re: jubula and git -> gerrit -> jenkins [message #1059698 is a reply to message #1058512] Tue, 21 May 2013 09:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Exactly!

But how can i command jubula to gather all tests inside the git repository (or inside a folder on my harddisk after i pulled), put them into the DB and start testing automatically.

All of this should start after every commit full automatically. I also dont want to pull manually on the Test-PC. (The Test-PC is only for jubula tests and is not used by our developers.)

[Updated on: Tue, 21 May 2013 09:17]

Report message to a moderator

Re: jubula and git -> gerrit -> jenkins [message #1059761 is a reply to message #1059698] Tue, 21 May 2013 14:28 Go to previous message
Achim Loerke is currently offline Achim LoerkeFriend

Assuming that Jenkins is still similar to Hudson (which we use) do the following:

Configure a job that is triggered by a SCM change.
Configure this job to pull the changes into the workspace.
In this job, use Jubulas dbtool to configure your database. Clean out old versions of the test projects and install the versions from the SCM.
Finally, use testexec to start your tests. You might also use autrun. Remember to start the autagent.
Depending on you setup you might want to collect artifacts (xml and/or html files) in the post process tasks and display them in Jenkins.

- Achim
Previous Topic:Repository of Eclipse tests
Next Topic:Click on button with combobox doesn't work on jubula2.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 11:01:50 GMT 2024