Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » JFace » Modifying ProjectionDrawingStrategy(How to completely hide folded content)
Modifying ProjectionDrawingStrategy [message #1052058] Mon, 29 April 2013 15:03 Go to next message
Reto Weiss is currently offline Reto WeissFriend
I plan to use ProjectionAnnotations for hiding code, pretty similar as used for folding. However, such hidden code shall only be manipulated via dedicated context actions (not by clicking on it's +,- markers). In general, the projection viewer shall hide hidden code's existence completely.

Disabling the paint() method for the annotation marker (left ruler) is simple, but how can I manage to also hide the first line of the hidden ("folded") content, including the rectangle with the two dots at the end of the folded line?

As fas as I'm aware of ProjectionDrawingStrategy is an inner class of ProjectionSupport which is not intended to be overridden.
Re: Modifying ProjectionDrawingStrategy [message #1052515 is a reply to message #1052058] Tue, 30 April 2013 07:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I just realized that ProjectSupport allows to set my own AnnotationPainterDrawingStrategy. A good point to start with.

Combined with an overridden ProjectionPosition (computeProjectionRegions()), that should do the job, i.e., allow me
- to get rid of the fancy annotation rectangle [..] as well as
- to completely hide the "folded" (hidden) code.

[Updated on: Tue, 30 April 2013 08:07]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Modifying ProjectionDrawingStrategy [message #1052542 is a reply to message #1052515] Tue, 30 April 2013 08:08 Go to previous message
Feedback on the sketched approach welcome!
Previous Topic:FormEditor.selectReveal() not working
Next Topic:TableViewer evaluation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 05:07:29 GMT 2024