Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Epsilon » Collapseble nodes?
Collapseble nodes? [message #1051857] Mon, 29 April 2013 09:44 Go to next message
Mårten Carlzon is currently offline Mårten CarlzonFriend

Hello folks,

Just a small question (I think Smile) but can you make nodes collapsable similar to compartments?
The project I am working on will be populated with many nodes so to get a better oversight it would be nice if I could collapse all nodes to only show their labels and links, so is this possible?
Or can I maybe "cheat" and make the body of a node one big compartment?

Thanks for any help

Write you later / Mårten
Re: Collapseble nodes? [message #1051892 is a reply to message #1051857] Mon, 29 April 2013 10:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dimitris Kolovos is currently offline Dimitris KolovosFriend

Hi Mårten,

I don't think that GMF provides any built-in support for such a use case - but I could be wrong. If I had to do this, I'd probably try to implement this as a new (toolbar or right-click) action that would get hold of the current editor and then resize/move nodes programmatically.

Cheers,
Dimitris
Re: Collapseble nodes? [message #1051914 is a reply to message #1051892] Mon, 29 April 2013 11:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hi Dimitris

Thanks for a quick reply.
Ok, think I will "cheat" then since my time is running out and I think it would be quicker to make my objects and attributes contain a name and a sub-element that contains all data. That way I can minimize the data and still show the label. Not as nice but when times running out design takes a hit Smile

But thanks, if I get time over I will try to take a look at making it smoother the way you recommended.

Write you later / Mårten
Re: Collapseble nodes? [message #1052591 is a reply to message #1051857] Tue, 30 April 2013 09:16 Go to previous message

Well, it works but I have a question from the new behavior.

The structure I have is that I have Objects and Attributes with only label and Object_data/Attribute_data nodes in them to make the data part collapsible. Is there a way to make the diagram automatically give all Objects and Attributes there data node upon creation?
This way the user won't need to see that they are separated in any way and it would give the illusion that I have just made the big nodes able to collapse to the label.

Thanks for any help

Write you later / Mårten
Previous Topic:[EGL] Arrays in Epsilon?
Next Topic:User Enum Promt EOL
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 12:12:58 GMT 2024