Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » Scout default translations(ScoutTexts_*.properties)
Scout default translations [message #1051699] Mon, 29 April 2013 06:01 Go to next message
Jeremie Bresson is currently offline Jeremie BressonFriend
Eclipse Scout comes with some translations for some default texts

ScoutTexts_*.properties files

Each scout application can override these texts. This is good because nobody is blocked with wrong or not suitable translation in its application. However, if we have a wrong translation, it would be good to fix it in the scout runtime.

I was asked to generate an Excel Sheet with the current translations.

Feel free to provide feedback... We will see and discuss what we can do (for Kepler or maybe Luna release).

Re: Scout default translations [message #1051722 is a reply to message #1051699] Mon, 29 April 2013 06:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Arthur vD is currently offline Arthur vDFriend
Hi Jeremie
Two questions:
* Are the currently used shortcut indicators (&) useful for Chinese?
* de seems to be de_CH (no Eszett and possibly some other minor differences). Should we add a new regional language variant for German?

Regards
Arthur
Re: Scout default translations [message #1051752 is a reply to message #1051722] Mon, 29 April 2013 07:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Arthur,

Thanks for your feedback. This post is here to discuss the different issues we might have.

Quote:

I have no ideas... If some people deploy a Scout application in chinese, they can tell us.

Quote:
* de seems to be de_CH (no Eszett and possibly some other minor differences). Should we add a new regional language variant for German?

This is a good point... I have seen there is an fr and fr_BE... I do not know how its work when you start an application as fr_BE (does it do a lookup fr_BE, fr, and then default)? This is something we need to check...

I do not see why we cannot organize the file as you suggested (have a "de" for German and "de_CH" for German in Switzerland).

[Updated on: Mon, 29 April 2013 07:50]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Scout default translations [message #1051788 is a reply to message #1051752] Mon, 29 April 2013 08:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Arthur vD is currently offline Arthur vDFriend
Jeremie Bresson wrote on Mon, 29 April 2013 03:33
Hi Arthur,
Quote:

I have no ideas... If some people deploy a Scout application in chinese, they can tell us.

After a first cursory Google search it looks as if it doesn't make much sense. But I wonder what the best approach would be for a good internationalization of application specific shortcuts.
Jeremie Bresson wrote on Mon, 29 April 2013 03:33

Quote:

This is a good point... I have seen there is an fr and fr_BE... I do not know how its work when you start an application as fr_BE (does it do a lookup fr_BE, fr, and then default)? This is something we need to check...

It would be my expectation that those regional variants and their parents would be treated as an hierarchy. I'll try to check when I find some time...

There's a similar issue with "default". It should probably be en or en_US.

Regards
Arthur
Re: Scout default translations [message #1081646 is a reply to message #1051788] Wed, 07 August 2013 13:53 Go to previous message
Quick update:

I got some feedback with new translation proposals for french: Bug 414392.

The new text entries are visible as Gerrit Change.

The only change is in the fr_BE language. Beside this one, the other changes are additions (e.g. missing translations). Theses translations will be used in all Scout applications deployed in French, unless the text entry is overridden in the project.

The new texts will are planned to be released with Scout 3.10 M1.

Feedback is appreciated.

[Updated on: Wed, 07 August 2013 13:54]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Scout Rap Product as headless app
Next Topic:Html field in standard outline (tree)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 16:50:45 GMT 2024