Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » How do I clone a repository in EGit?(How do I clone a repository in EGit?)
How do I clone a repository in EGit? [message #1051523] Sun, 28 April 2013 23:20 Go to next message
John David Galt is currently offline John David GaltFriend
I have used Eclipse before with Subversion but am just trying to join a project that uses Git.

The documentation I got to from the Welcome screen promises that when I bring up Window -> Other -> Git Repositories, then click on "Clone a Git Repository", a "clone wizard" will pop up and ask me for the URL to the repository (presumably the string beginning with git: that I would have used in a "git clone" command line).

But no such "clone wizard" comes up. Instead, I get a window that looks like this:
(this is ASCII art and requires a fixed-spaced font to work)

-------------------------------------------------
| Clone Git Repositories |
| _ |
| * URI |
| * GitHub |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| (?) [ Back ] [ Next ] [ Finish ] [ Cancel ] |

I don't know what I'm expected to type in that blank line at the top, but I've tried the URL, the complete "git clone" command, and other ideas. No matter what I type in there, all the buttons at the bottom except "Cancel" stay grayed out, so there is no way to continue. Hitting return after typing something has no effect, and neither does clicking on "URI" or "GitHub" in the middle section of the window.

Would someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong? And hopefully fix the documentation to match the behavior of the real program?
Re: How do I clone a repository in EGit? [message #1052878 is a reply to message #1051523] Tue, 30 April 2013 22:24 Go to previous message
Steve Elsemore is currently offline Steve ElsemoreFriend
Select URI and then click Next. The next page will look more like what you were expecting to see.
Previous Topic:grep with jgit
Next Topic:EGit could not detect where Git is installed
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 03:54:13 GMT 2024