Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Invalid bound column name(Invalid bound column name when running a report migrated from 2.5.x to 4.2.2)
Invalid bound column name [message #1050177] Fri, 26 April 2013 20:31 Go to next message
Fede Laper is currently offline Fede LaperFriend
Dear all,

I've read about different issues encountered after migrating the BIRT engine from 2.5.x to 4.2.2 but I'm not sure if the following has been discussed/solved.

When running the report (which was running just fine in version 2.5.x) for example in HTML format I get two issues (the second of them, repeated several times for several SUM aggregated functions):

Table (id = 7865): 
- A BIRT exception occurred. See next exception for more information.
Error evaluating Javascript expression. Script engine error: Report variable"outstanding" does not exist
Script source: <unknown>, line: 0, text:
<compiled script> (Element ID:7865) 
data.engine.BirtException ( 1 time(s) )
detail : org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.EngineException: A BIRT exception occurred. See next exception for more information.
Error evaluating Javascript expression. Script engine error: Report variable"outstanding" does not exist
 Script source: <unknown>, line: 0, text:
<compiled script> (Element ID:7865)
	at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.executor.ExecutionContext.addException(ExecutionContext.java:1237)

Data (id = 7921): 
- Invalid bound column name: TOT_SUM_DSB. (Element ID:7921) 
data.engine.InvalidBoundColumnName ( 1 time(s) )
detail : org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.EngineException: Invalid bound column name: TOT_SUM_DSB. (Element ID:7921)
	at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.executor.ExecutionContext.addException(ExecutionContext.java:1237)

Data (id = 7929): 
+ Invalid bound column name: TOT_SUM_DIS_PRE. (Element ID:7929) 

Data (id = 7923): 
+ Invalid bound column name: TOT_SUM_PRI. (Element ID:7923) 

Data (id = 7924): 
+ Invalid bound column name: TOT_SUM_INT. (Element ID:7924) 

Data (id = 7925): 
+ Invalid bound column name: TOT_SUM_OTH. (Element ID:7925) 

Data (id = 7930): 
+ Invalid bound column name: TOT_SUM_CAP_INT. (Element ID:7930) 

Data (id = 7931): 
+ Invalid bound column name: TOT_TOTAL. (Element ID:7931) 

Even though the error's descriptions are quite clear I haven't been able to find the true cause.

Attached you will find, a report generation example it's a PDF version of the simplify HTML output - (the report is partially generated but it "breaks" apparently when reaching the total summarization sections) and the report sources.

Thank you very much in advance for any hints/help you can give me.
Re: Invalid bound column name [message #1051344 is a reply to message #1050177] Sun, 28 April 2013 16:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

In table 7865 (the one with LBL_DATE in the left column), if you look in the binding tab of the property editor, you'll see that you have a binding called OUTSTANDING that has an expression of vars["outstanding"]. You do not have a variable called this, so it's erroring out. Remove/fix that and let me know if it runs.

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Re: Invalid bound column name [message #1052242 is a reply to message #1051344] Mon, 29 April 2013 21:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fede Laper is currently offline Fede LaperFriend
Hi Michael,

Indeed. You were right. By fixing that variable definition the report seems to be running just fine.
Thank you very much!

Regards.
Fede.
Re: Invalid bound column name [message #1053869 is a reply to message #1052242] Wed, 08 May 2013 02:40 Go to previous message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

You're welcome! Glad to help! Let us know whenever you have questions! Smile

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Previous Topic:Use cached birt reports in custom dashboard
Next Topic:Hide Detail Row For Nested Table
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 06:30:35 GMT 2024