Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » [bug?] Eclipse crashes on help -> welcome and in every 5 mins(I will tell you my story about Eclipse on Linux)
[bug?] Eclipse crashes on help -> welcome and in every 5 mins [message #1050100] Fri, 26 April 2013 17:54 Go to next message
Nan Sz is currently offline Nan SzFriend
Hello! I would have two urgent jobs in Eclipse, and couldn't solve them. Sad My Eclipse crashes on ArchLinux. It crashes every maximum 5 minutes referring to a JVM bug and equinox launcher. But there is a reproducable way to get this by clicking on help -> welcome. The error messages seems like something like this:

imgur.com/wR0GE97

Eclipse: 4.2.2, also tried 4.2.1 and also tried untaring the version of "community eclipse" from this homepage after uninstalling the package
JDK: basically Oracle JDK, but tried OpenJDK (7.21 both), both of them could reproduce the bug.

Tried even: reinstalling the package, downgrading the package, deleting every nonsource file from workspace folder, removing .eclipse from home, etc.

Does someone have an idea what to do? I just want to finish my jobs to deadline, which are getting close. Sad

Some weeks ago it just worked, maybe crashed very sometimes, but today it started to work this crazy way today. Sad
Re: [bug?] Eclipse crashes on help -> welcome and in every 5 mins [message #1050401 is a reply to message #1050100] Sat, 27 April 2013 05:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Since then I tried: run Eclipse as a brand new Linux user in a brand new /home. The problem is still the same. I don't even have ideas where to continue searching for the bug.
Re: [bug?] Eclipse crashes on help -> welcome and in every 5 mins [message #1050415 is a reply to message #1050100] Sat, 27 April 2013 05:43 Go to previous message
I could solve it for myself. Eclispe uses Glib2 on Linux, and after a GNOME related update my XFCE kept crashing, but not all glib2 packages were downgraded for fixing it. Downgrading all the required glib2 packages solved my problem.
Previous Topic:How to convert OWL-S file to ecore
Next Topic:How to "finalize" a project
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 23:08:25 GMT 2024