Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » NatTable » Issue with RowSelectionProvider
Issue with RowSelectionProvider [message #1049970] Fri, 26 April 2013 14:21 Go to next message
Ralf Grossklaus is currently offline Ralf GrossklausFriend
Hello,

i recently came across the RowSelectionProvider since i am using row selection in my nattable. The problem that i had with this implementation is, that in 'setSelection()' it always creates a SelectRowsCommand with the 'withControlMask' set to true. So the 'setSelection()' is more like an 'addSelection()'. Is there a real use case for this behavior?

I got around this issue, by writing my own selection provider, which is based on RowSelectionProvider. But it would be quite nice, if the default provider could be parametrized.

Regards, Ralf
Re: Issue with RowSelectionProvider [message #1049995 is a reply to message #1049970] Fri, 26 April 2013 14:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dirk Fauth is currently offline Dirk FauthFriend
To be honest, I don't know. Following the spec/javadoc, the selection given as parameter should be the new selection. Therefore using the control mask is wrong.

But as you never know who is using our stuff in which way I agree with making it configurable in some way.

Could you please file a bug for this so we can keep track of it?
Re: Issue with RowSelectionProvider [message #1050015 is a reply to message #1049995] Fri, 26 April 2013 15:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dirk Fauth is currently offline Dirk FauthFriend
Ok created the ticket for you.
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=406677

Also fixed and pushed it directly.
Re: Issue with RowSelectionProvider [message #1051759 is a reply to message #1050015] Mon, 29 April 2013 07:43 Go to previous message
Ralf Grossklaus is currently offline Ralf GrossklausFriend
Sorry for the late response, but I've been off-line till now. Thanks a lot for creating the ticket and fixing it!

Ralf
Previous Topic:scroll very tall row that doesn't fit in table
Next Topic:Eclipse plugin
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 22:40:24 GMT 2024