Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Unknown : Column number ?(Create table with dynamic column number )
Unknown : Column number ? [message #1049941] Fri, 26 April 2013 13:32 Go to next message
Gabriel Pascual is currently offline Gabriel PascualFriend
Hi,

I need to display in table a set of data containing N elements but between two datas N value changes. The impact in a table is that the column number is variable.
The wanted behaviour is the same that CSV file and Excel display.

Does it exist a way to get an good result with BIRT Report ? Does it exist a system of separator to get dynamic column number in table ?

Thank you.

Software Development Engineer
Re: Unknown : Column number ? [message #1050161 is a reply to message #1049941] Fri, 26 April 2013 20:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

Is this something you could use a crosstab for? If not, you might be able to use the data engine api to check your data in the beforeFactory and build your table dynamically.

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Re: Unknown : Column number ? [message #1053097 is a reply to message #1050161] Thu, 02 May 2013 12:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gabriel Pascual is currently offline Gabriel PascualFriend
Thank's Michael,

I followed your second indication : Data Engine API. For help me to find one way to resolve my problem has been to read Report Scripting documentation and Scripted Data Source Example.
I work on RCP application and I used Java Events and Java class to inject script in report.

Software Development Engineer
Re: Unknown : Column number ? [message #1053333 is a reply to message #1053097] Sat, 04 May 2013 04:16 Go to previous message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

No problem.

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Previous Topic:dynamic parameter based on Scripted data set
Next Topic:ReferenceError to POJO when using BIRT runtimes to produce report
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 04:06:47 GMT 2024