Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Missing Data in Data Set(After switching between projects, mappings to data set parameters are missing)
Missing Data in Data Set [message #1049247] Thu, 25 April 2013 15:06 Go to next message
Diane Mising name is currently offline Diane Mising nameFriend
We have been having issues with using data sets.

We have created a test case (Test1). We set up a data set to be used for Test1. We added the parameters (Delay, Timeout) to the data set and filled in the values (100, 1000). Next we created a second test case (Test2). Test2 has some actions and then uses Test1. The data values for Delay and Timeout are carried through to Test2 and everything works fine.

Then we switch to work on another project in our database and come back to our original project. Now we receive an error saying test data is incomplete for Test1, even though there are values in our data set. No matter what we do we can not get the data parameters to work and we have to create a new data set and start over.

Any idea why our data sets intermittently stop working and there isn't anything we can do to fix it without starting over?
Re: Missing Data in Data Set [message #1051882 is a reply to message #1049247] Mon, 29 April 2013 10:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi,

Does your project have multiple languages? That would be the first thing that comes to mind - that you have specified data for only one language, and reloading the project sets the "default" language, which is not the language that has data.

If that's not the case, can you say whether:
- you are using central data sets or a data set directly on the Test Case
- whether you are using Excel or not
- whether you specified the data on the Test1 directly, or when it is reused (and whether Test2 uses local or referenced data)
- what version of Jubula you are using.

Hope that helps!
Alex
Re: Missing Data in Data Set [message #1053128 is a reply to message #1051882] Thu, 02 May 2013 15:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Diane Mising name is currently offline Diane Mising nameFriend
Hi Alex,

Our projects do not have multiple languages, all are HTML.

In regards to your questions,
- We are using central data sets
- We are not using Excel
- We are using version 1.3.0

We also did some more investigating. I am working with another user who is having this issue and I incorrectly stated the issue. According to the user who is having this issue, she created a central data set in the project with Test2. Test2 references Test1 in a different project (reusable project). In the central data set she added all the parameters used in Test2 including Test1. Then she added values for the parameters. Next, she assigned the parameters to all actions in Test2 including Test1 which is reused from another project. Then she would switch to a different project and then come back to the original. When she came back to the original, the parameter values were gone and she received the error missing test data. She never tried to use data from the reusable project.
Re: Missing Data in Data Set [message #1053500 is a reply to message #1053128] Mon, 06 May 2013 10:28 Go to previous message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi,

I think the point about language needs more clarification - I didn't mean GUI-toolkit, I meant data language (in the project properties, you can specify multiple project languages e.g. German, English ...). My first hunch is that you have more than one language specified for the project, and that the default language is not the one you have entered data for.

If that's not the case, then one or more screenshots displaying the problem might help.

HTH,
Alex
Previous Topic:Object Mapping Errors
Next Topic:Can Executable File Name of AUT configuration be set with environment variable?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 20:19:49 GMT 2024