Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » Eclipse E4 RCP application P2 update fails to download
Eclipse E4 RCP application P2 update fails to download [message #1048334] Wed, 24 April 2013 10:18
Trevor Burton-McCreadie is currently offline Trevor Burton-McCreadieFriend
I'm working on an Eclipse RCP application - working against Eclipse 4.2.2

I've set up the P2 update process, mainly via the tutorial found on vogella.com but also requiring a huge amount of googling to find out which p2.* bundles are required.

Now, when i trigger the update handler the application recognises that updates are available from the update site and it claims that the update was successful.

However, the updates aren't retrieved from the update site.

It's taken me just over a day to get this far because of the sparse documentation for the latest versions of eclipse rcp when it comes to P2. I've found it really confusing about how this should be done. Even the tutorial mentioned above only mentions some of the p2.* plugins which must be included to get this even this far.

So, i'm wondering if there's something obvious i'm missing herea or if there's an example application somewhere which uses the latest version of eclipse to pull updates from an update site and nothing else, so i can compare this to what i'm doing and see where i'm going wrong.

Thanks
Previous Topic:P2 Update working but not downloading
Next Topic:Include JDT Plugins in RCP
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 22:03:28 GMT 2024