Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » Bundle scopes and Config Admin service
Bundle scopes and Config Admin service [message #1048024] Wed, 24 April 2013 00:43 Go to next message
Franck Mising name is currently offline Franck Mising nameFriend
I am running into an issue where a ManagedService that I register from one of my bundles is not being tracked by the config admin service.
I have other managed services that are being configured just fine, and I traced down the difference to what seems to be a scope issue: the problem bundle is declared in a plan, and it seems that that makes it non-accessible by the config admin service.

Upon registration of the ManagedService the framework goes on to filter the listeners that should be notified, and I end up in the isPotentiallyVisible call below which returns false; in the end no listener is notified of the registration of my ManagedService.

Is it the case that a plan bundle is not visible from the global scope? What is the proper way to resolve this?

Thanks!

index.php/fa/14487/0/
index.php/fa/14488/0/
  • Attachment: scope.PNG
    (Size: 14.66KB, Downloaded 343 times)
  • Attachment: vars.PNG
    (Size: 21.28KB, Downloaded 340 times)
Re: Bundle scopes and Config Admin service [message #1049349 is a reply to message #1048024] Thu, 25 April 2013 18:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Franck Mising name is currently offline Franck Mising nameFriend
Solved this by making my plan non scoped.
It seems like any OSGI service that works on a publish/subscribe model like the Config Admin service does, by monitoring registrations of of a given service class, will be subject to the same issue.

Quite obvious once you have the whole picture, but the symptoms are by no means easy to interpret...
Re: Bundle scopes and Config Admin service [message #1059107 is a reply to message #1048024] Thu, 16 May 2013 18:20 Go to previous message
t murray is currently offline t murrayFriend
I am bumping into the same issue. When a plan is scoped the Managed Service and Managed Service Factories never get notified of config changes by the Configuration Admin service.

Scoping of plans is a very attractive feature - indeed I am counting on this to avoid service conflicts between my plans. Am I missing something? Is there a way To get the Configuration Admin to work with scoped plans? I am using VTS 3.6.1.

Thanks!
--tom
Previous Topic:virgo server cannot start
Next Topic:Virgo dumps - 64bit vs 32bit OS?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 00:46:16 GMT 2024