Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » Classes not being resolved when exporting as plugin
Classes not being resolved when exporting as plugin [message #1047139] Mon, 22 April 2013 21:10 Go to next message
Erick Fonseca is currently offline Erick FonsecaFriend
I got everything working for my language when I launch a new Eclipse instance from the Eclipse I'm working in. Now, I tried to export the project as a plug-in in order to deploy the editor in my Eclipse installation.

I selected my language project, clicked Export... -> Deployable plug-ins and fragments, selected all three projects (mylang, mylang.ui and mylang.tests) and hit finish. It didn't work, and the log for the ui project showed the following errors:

Toggle Spoiler

I didn't touch any of these classes, just left what was created by default. What is missing? Is there a better way to deploy the editor in my Eclipse installation?
Re: Classes not being resolved when exporting as plugin [message #1047142 is a reply to message #1047139] Mon, 22 April 2013 21:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christian Dietrich is currently offline Christian DietrichFriend
Hi,

make sure you have build automatically on so that the Xtend builder can create the java classes for the xtend files.
so you have any errors in eclipse?

~Christian

Twitter : @chrdietrich
Blog : https://www.dietrich-it.de
Re: Classes not being resolved when exporting as plugin [message #1047726 is a reply to message #1047142] Tue, 23 April 2013 15:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Erick Fonseca is currently offline Erick FonsecaFriend
Yes, I have build automatically turned on.
What do you mean with errors in Eclipse? When I hit "Finish", the errors only appear in the log file.

EDIT: I got it working. I had to check the option "use the class files compiled in the workspace".

[Updated on: Tue, 23 April 2013 17:54]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Classes not being resolved when exporting as plugin [message #1051108 is a reply to message #1047142] Sun, 28 April 2013 07:54 Go to previous message
Lorenzo Bettini is currently offline Lorenzo BettiniFriend
On 04/22/2013 11:15 PM, Christian Dietrich wrote:
> Hi,
>
> make sure you have build automatically on so that the Xtend builder can
> create the java classes for the xtend files.
> so you have any errors in eclipse?

and also make sure that xtend-gen is included in the build.properties file.

--
Lorenzo Bettini, PhD in Computer Science, DI, Univ. Torino
HOME: http://www.lorenzobettini.it

Previous Topic:Opening XText Editor Programmatically
Next Topic:Integrate xml file instead of own dsl into xtext framework
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 17:28:46 GMT 2024