Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Install Help(Inside Ecliplse Help is much smaller than the On-line one)
Install Help [message #1047069] Mon, 22 April 2013 18:47 Go to next message
Baruch Youssin is currently offline Baruch YoussinFriend
I have installed Eclipse IDE for Java developers, Juno (4.2), on Linux Ubuntu 12.04.
I have installed SWT via Help --> Install new software.
However, it did not install the help on SWT which is available on-line but not in Eclipse.
It is very convenient to have help inside Eclipse.
How can I install more Help inside Eclipse?
Many thanks in advance.
Smile
Re: Install Help [message #1048613 is a reply to message #1047069] Wed, 24 April 2013 18:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

What was the name if what you installed? The IDE itself already contains SWT--you couldn't launch it otherwise--so I'm guessing that isn't what you actually installed. Which part of the online help were you looking to have available locally?

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Re: Install Help [message #1049127 is a reply to message #1048613] Thu, 25 April 2013 12:01 Go to previous message
Baruch Youssin is currently offline Baruch YoussinFriend
As I wrote above, have installed Eclipse IDE for Java developers, Juno (4.2), on Linux Ubuntu 12.04.
The link is
http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/download.php?file=/technology/epp/downloads/release/juno/SR2/eclipse-jee-juno-SR2-linux-gtk-x86_64.tar.gz
This installation did not have File --> Install --> Plug-in Development --> Plug-ins and Fragments possibility.
(I do not remember now whether File --> Install --> Plug-in Development was available.)
An attempt to Click to perform in Create a Hello World SWT application on the "Import the SWT project" stage gave an error whose meaning was that the SWT package was unavailable.
I resolved it as I explained here:
http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/477829/
Other people had the same problem:
http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/372232/

Concerning the help I am missing:
When I click on the name Display in the java file of this tutorial, I get the following message in the black window:
org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display
Note: This element neither has attached source nor attached Javadoc and hence no Javadoc could be found.

The page
Platform Plug-in Developer Guide > Reference > API Reference >
Package org.eclipse.swt.widgets
is available only as part of on-line help, not the local help.

Many thanks for your help in this matter.
Smile
Previous Topic:Using XREF with Toad Extension/postgres
Next Topic:Error msg: No command output when running
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 01:45:51 GMT 2024