Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Trying to create a report using BIRT API(Skills needed)
Trying to create a report using BIRT API [message #1046422] Sun, 21 April 2013 23:00 Go to next message
Suha Sharma is currently offline Suha SharmaFriend
Hi everyone,

I have created BIRT reports using the Eclipse report designer. Now I want to create a mini application using the BIRT API's trying to connect to three different data sources and bring in data on a report page..all this I want to do using Java code..I don't plan to use the report designer to view the report page..I want build my own front end app and test how flexible BIRT could be. What other skills do I need to achieve this? I know Java, HTML, CSS and Javascript..Can I have the link to BIRT API's and also suggestion to good books. Your help is really appreciated.

Thanks
Re: Trying to create a report using BIRT API [message #1047367 is a reply to message #1046422] Tue, 23 April 2013 05:40 Go to previous message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

One place you can look at the API docs is here:

http://help.eclipse.org/indigo/index.jsp

Just go to the Report Programmer Reference section. The Eclipse Series BIRT books are good.

Places to look for API examples are on BIRT Exchange in the devShare and in the source code.

http://wiki.eclipse.org/Examples_(BIRT)

You also have the forums on BIRT Exchange and this forum to ask specific questions, if you're unable to find an answer.

Hopefully this info answers some of your questions on where to get started. Smile

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Previous Topic:Dynamic SQL in BIRT
Next Topic:How to avoid duplicate requests for Birt reports.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 12:39:45 GMT 2024