Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EclipseLink » EclipseLink NoSQL support, limitations and future plans?(Summary of current Eclipselink support features, limitations and future plans)
EclipseLink NoSQL support, limitations and future plans? [message #1046151] Sun, 21 April 2013 12:54 Go to next message
Pedro Miguel Pereira Serrano Martins is currently offline Pedro Miguel Pereira Serrano MartinsFriend
Hello all, I am trying to understand better EclipseLink NoSQL, but I am having trouble understand it's limitations, what it currently supports and I simply can't find anything about the future plans the team has.

So, in short, I have quite a big list of questions that i would like to know, if you people don't mind:

Does EclipseLink support:

1. Object Oriented queries
  2. CRUD of entities
  3. Polymorphic entities
  4. Embeddable objects (components)
  5. Basic types
  6. Unidirectional and Bidirectional relationships (if yes, which ones?)
  7. Collections (Set, List, Map, etc)
  8. Full JPA support (I assume it does, but just in case I am wrong)
  9. Denormalization
  10. Complex joins and aggregations

Apart from these questions, are there any other limitations or jewels of the crown that I should know of?
Also, what is the team currently working in? What are the future plans?

I would be super happy if someone here could provide me with links or documentation for the questions I provided above, since I couldn't find anything :S

Thanks in advance, Pedro.

[Updated on: Mon, 22 April 2013 16:03]

Report message to a moderator

Re: EclipseLink NoSQL support, limitations and future plans? [message #1046971 is a reply to message #1046151] Mon, 22 April 2013 16:06 Go to previous message
Pedro Miguel Pereira Serrano Martins is currently offline Pedro Miguel Pereira Serrano MartinsFriend
In an effort to complete the content of this discussion, I am now posting what I have found.

Currently (use discussion date as reference) EclipseLink Supports:

• Complex hierarchical (including XML)
  • Indexed hierarchical data
  • Mapped hierarchical data (such as JSON)
  • CRUD operations
  • Embedded objects and collections
  • Inheritance
  • Relationships
  • Subset of JP-QL and Criteria API, dependant on NoSQL database's query support

Questions without answer:
- Current limitations
- Future plans

Sources:

[Updated on: Mon, 22 April 2013 16:07]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Value of Column is null while Deleting in ManyToMany-Relationship
Next Topic:Eclipselink not reconnecting to database, after database-server downtime
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 08:37:05 GMT 2024