Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Sapphire » Instructions on exporting sapphire plugin
Instructions on exporting sapphire plugin [message #1044229] Thu, 18 April 2013 16:39 Go to next message
Joshua Spaulding is currently offline Joshua SpauldingFriend
I'm a bit lost when it comes to exporting my plugin. I'm doing the export through PDE inside of eclipse. When I import my plugin into another instance of eclipse, I'm getting an error when I try to instantiate a model. I've seen customBuildCallbacks.xml mention but am not sure if I need that. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Re: Instructions on exporting sapphire plugin [message #1044317 is a reply to message #1044229] Thu, 18 April 2013 19:10 Go to previous message
Konstantin Komissarchik is currently offline Konstantin KomissarchikFriend
The PDE export feature that creates runnable plugin jars performs compilation using an Ant script that it exports. For Sapphire 0.6.x or older, the annotation processor must run at build time in order to generate element implementation classes. This is accomplished in customBuildCallbacks.xml file. The file is referenced in plugin's build.properties file, so that PDE knows to wire it into the build. Take a look at this files in the samples bundle.

- Konstantin

PS: Note that this will not be necessary for 0.7 as the annotation processor has been eliminated in favor of runtime bytecode generation, but 0.7 is not ready for general use yet.
Previous Topic:Sapphire for a "viewer" application: two questions
Next Topic:How to create File from Model?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 20:23:59 GMT 2024